What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer Intern who is looking to gain valuable experience in software engineering process and methodologies as well as object-oriented design and programming. You will work within a small scrum team responsible for the design and development of new features and functionality. Ideal candidates will be passionate about technology and hungry to learn and develop their skills.
Who we are…
The Software Engineering team is composed of small groups of highly intelligent and innovative software development and quality assurance engineers who enjoy collaborating on technically challenging projects. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
Managing today’s hybrid cloud IT infrastructure can be complex and chaotic. As an intern with ScienceLogic, you will play a role in developing the solution by creating clarity and visibility for managing on-prem and multi-cloud infrastructure for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world.
- Be a part of a highly-talented core engineering team building and maintaining scalable, distributed Python processes that perform discovery and collection of key operational data from managed physical and virtual devices. You will develop new approaches to analyze, store, normalize and prune this mixed and seemingly incongruent large amount of data.
- Analyze requirements developed by product managers and take a key role in designing and implementing Python routines that meet these requirements.
- Review and correct defects.
- Write automated tests to ensure long-term product quality.
Qualities you possess…
You love a challenge. You may not have much experience outside the classroom, but you are eager to apply the knowledge and skill you have developed in your studies to real-world development situations where you can truly see your impact. You also possess the following skills:
- Working towards a BS in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field.
- Software development experience in one or more of: Python, Perl, Java, C++ (internships included).
- Basic working knowledge of SQL. Exposure to MySQL and/or NoSQL is a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of at least one of: SNMP, SOAP, RESTful APIs.
- Basic understanding of agile software development lifecycle is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus.
- Got GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Cassandra experience you want to leverage? Bring it!
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.