What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer III to assist with end-to-end testing (including front and backend testing) by creating manual and automated tests. Ideal candidates will be able to conduct a wide range of tests and analysis with full competency to ensure that software, systems, and services meet minimum standards and defined end-user and system requirements. This position is for a unique Systems test team who will be focused on continual end-to-end testing of our application to create a Continuous Integration platform. As our QA Engineer, you will also get the exciting opportunity to work with our AI/ML hybrid cloud monitoring platform, SL1.
What you’ll be doing…
- As part of the Software Engineering team at ScienceLogic, you have a unique opportunity to join a team of elite coding ninjas tasked with ensuring our state-of-the-art network monitoring software is able to withstand the ever-changing needs of our customers.
- Creating and maintaining integration environments.
- Contribute, as part of a team, towards the goal of providing high quality products.
- Participate in review of project requirements to understand test objectives and to provide input on testability of requirements.
- Translate end-user functional requirements into fully documented test cases focused on use case testing.
- Interact within the test team and within Agile Scrum teams to identify, create, and maintain test data needed to execute test cases.
- Create and execute test cases and scripts manually and using automated test tools.
- Evaluate results of test execution including troubleshooting automation related issues and record, retest, and close defects when expected results not achieved.
- Work with software engineers to analyze test results and debug problems.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field or 5 years of additional experience as a Test/Quality Engineer.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with automated and manual testing including some leadership initiatives and roles.
- 2 + years’ operating on an Agile Engineering Team with a solid understanding of SDLC.
- Good knowledge of Python, JS and/or Bash.
- Working knowledge and usage of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Travis.
- Familiarity with VMware and AWS environments.
- An inherent aptitude to identify high-risk software changes, associate them with end-user use cases and create meaningful and impactful tests.
- Natural team-player who can work seamlessly with engineers across the organization to identify testing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems and ask the right questions based on the facts provided.
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs.
- An attention to detail.
- Passion and curiosity
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.