What we're looking for...
ScienceLogic, Inc. is seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our growing SaaS team. This is a new role responsible for the overall production operations of our multi-site and public cloud infrastructure running our SL1 product for global customers. You will use your knowledge and skills in cloud technology, automation, and IT Operations monitoring to take a proactive and innovative approach to ensure mission-critical environments are healthy and optimized for our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will collaborate with software engineering, IT, and support to deploy and operate our product in a SaaS environment as well as help automate and streamline our operations and processes. We are seeking candidates who have a passion for customer experience and thrive in highly technical fast paced environments. In addition you will:
- Innovate, develop and maintain a scalable highly automated proactive/preventive management of customer environments.
- Innovate and automate customer-experience related metrics such as executive and operational dashboards and reports.
- Administer and monitor system availability using our SL1 product.
- Execute Public Cloud (AWS) migration plans for existing and new customer deployments.
- Maintain the SL1 monitoring system and act on alerts.
- Monitor system backup and recovery processes.
- Upgrade and patch customer systems as necessary.
- Perform Daily/Weekly/Monthly Operational Tasks as defined by Management.
- Create documentation of Procedures, system design and architecture.
- Act on performance issues related to the SaaS platform.
- Manage hardware inventory in multiple global locations.
- Resolve system operations tickets for/from SaaS customers.
Qualities you possess...
- 4+ years of experience in SaaS System Administration and/or NOC Administration.
- 4+ years of experience operating SaaS products in the Public Cloud (AWS preferred).
- Experience creating and maintaining monitoring systems for 24x7 production environments.
- Demonstrated expertise with Linux commands and overall Linux administration experience.
- Oracle Linux or RedHat Linux experience preferred.
- Experience with MySQL or similar Relational Database architectures.
- Experience scripting the automation of key functions, preferably using Bash.
- Must have Experience with VMware virtualization products such as ESX or vSphere.
- Should be able to demonstrate basic troubleshooting steps.
- Knowledge of DNS, TCPIP, DHCP.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Have exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Show excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Be a self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Be a creative person who looks for new and innovative ways to solve problems.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude during high profile incidents.
- Be flexible and willing to learn new technologies and applications.
- Take a proactive approach to meet client needs and SLA’s.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.