What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer to work on a new team, whose critical mission is to release a Software Development Kit (SDK) in order to make it easier for the growing ScienceLogic Solutions community to build solutions faster and with higher quality. Ideal candidates will be able to take an active role in reviewing/accepting requirements, building new data collection, manipulation and storage functionality and/or features that use this data to make the hybrid cloud manageable from a single pane of glass.
Who we are…
The Software Engineering team is composed of small groups of highly intelligent and innovative software development and quality assurance engineers who enjoy collaborating on technically challenging projects. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
Managing today’s hybrid cloud IT infrastructure can be complex and chaotic. As a Software Engineer with ScienceLogic, you will play an integral role in developing the solution by creating clarity and visibility for managing on-prem and multi-cloud infrastructure for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world.
- Under minimal direction, contribute to building and maintaining highly scalable Python processes for the purpose of data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending and analytics, etc.
- Help enable engineers across the world to help build Solutions faster and with higher quality via a new SDK.
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that is geared towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism, exhibiting strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility/agility to changing environments.
- Write and maintain unit tests and other automated tests
- Create libraries to simplify data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending and analytics, etc.
- Participate in the ScienceLogic developer community by answering questions, helping with designs, contributing to our open source packages and participating in discussions.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of product backlog, as well as assisting in the implementation of features while adhering to sound Engineering principles.
- Actively contribute in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
Qualities you possess…
You’re a self-starter, a problem solver, love to code, have excellent time-management skills and are open and collaborative. Plus you’ve got the following skills:
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent experience where you learn basic software engineering concepts – functional programming, OO design, threading, multi-processing, design patterns, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years using MySQL/NoSQL and have the ability to evaluate and write efficient queries.
- 2+ years using Linux with the ability to navigate, write scripts and work with packages.
- Working knowledge of developing multi-threaded or multi-process software.
- Working knowledge of efficiently consuming remote APIs is a must
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, from product backlog through delivery.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management or administration is a major plus.
- Prior experience in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration is a must.
- A working knowledge of current build tools, and advanced bash scripting is highly preferred.
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.