What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Information Security Intern for the Summer of 2020 who is looking to gain valuable experience and contribute to a professional team environment. This role will help to support the Security Department and enhance company security and compliance policy. Ideal candidates will be passionate about technology and hungry to learn and develop their skills.
What you’ll be doing…
- Identify and report system issues to vendors.
- Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Develop new templates and documentation for IT security policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Contribute to ScienceLogic technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
- Consult with vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as requested
Qualities you possess…
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows or Mac operating systems
- Minor scripting or systems integration.
- Brings fresh perspective and effectively communicates advantages to such perspectives/ideas. Promotes ideas with confidence.
- All work must be performed onsite; candidate will be required to come into office for duration of internship.
- Excellent communication skills
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.