What we’re looking for…
The primary function of the Customer Reference Program Manager is to work across multiple channels (CSMs, sales, Trust Radius, Gartner Peer Reviews, etc.) to secure and promote customer references.
You will be accountable for the success of ScienceLogic’s reference program in support of the Enterprise, Federal, MSP, and GSI markets. You will craft win stories, case studies, video testimonials, etc. that highlight our differentiated business value. You’ll conceive and develop the reference program to support both sales and marketing needs. Attention to detail and organizational skills are crucial to the role. In your role as a Reference Manager you will be the expert in knowing our best customer references and stories, and will transfer that knowledge to our direct sales and marketing teams.
The right candidate will work efficiently and effectively with product marketing, product management, sales, services delivery, finance, our office of the CTO, and marketing teams throughout the customer lifecycle. You will work closely with the marketing and sales organization to ensure the field is equipped to effectively leverage our customer references to drive new sales and communicate the business value gained by customers of ScienceLogic. This position will report to the Senior Director of Enterprise Product Marketing.
What you’ll be doing…
- Reference recruitment – engage with sales and CSMs to recruit, secure, publish, maintain, and track satisfied customers for any or all of the following activities:
- Name drop, Logo use (web, slides), Quote, RFP text
- Internal Win story (for Sales), Success story, Case study, ROI case study, Video testimonial
- Sales prospect / RFP reference call
- Press release, Media/Analyst interview
- Customer/Prospect site visit
- Develop and execute plans to generate more references (e.g., awards program)
- External promotion - Manage publication of press releases to promote new customer wins and customer success stories
- Internal promotion - Publish internal communications to promote customer successes
- Reference materials creation – produce and publish win stories, case studies, quotes, logo slides, customer video testimonials, etc. with customer approvals (as required)
- Reference request management – manage reference requests from sales (peer to peer conversation with prospects, include in RFP/RFI responses, etc.) and marketing (speak at events/webinars, talk with analysts/press, web site promotion, etc.)
- Measure effectiveness – track attribution of reference customers and content to opportunities/deals.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor degree required, computer science or engineering highly desired.
- MBA can act as differentiator
- 5-10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise B2B software and GTM strategies for B2B companies
- Proven track record of developing case studies, win stories, and videos that tell a compelling story
- Customer-driven philosophy that enables effective reference capture and nurture; with demonstrated ability to describe business value with clear metrics
- Extensive customer-facing experience a differentiator
- Proficient project management skills with the ability to manage and track many tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.