What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is currently seeking Lead Software Application Architect for our Forrester wave leading SL1 AIOPS platform which provides intelligent and automated IT operations to Fortune 1000 companies and Managed Service Providers worldwide. The ideal candidate will have an established background in designing and building highly scalable software products, experience in determining the right technologies, great communication skills and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this person will lead a small team of talented individuals, provide the long-term architectural roadmap as we continue to lead the AIOPS space and champion the use of cutting-edge technologies.
What you’ll be doing…
- Own the architecture roadmap and align it to the product roadmap
- Define and uphold best practices for abstraction, prototyping, and technology evaluation
- Create and review architecture designs for delivering highly resilient and scalable products
- Design and implement reusable frameworks to accelerate development
- Champion the use of open-source technology whenever possible and contribute to open-source projects when appropriate
- Working with cutting edge technologies like Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Graph QL, Node JS, React
- Lead/manage a team of incredibly talented software engineers responsible for developing prototypes, frameworks, patterns and standards.
- Manage and execute against plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage and allocate team resources, including staffing, mentoring, and career development of individual members.
- Work cohesively with product managers and engineering management
- Manage expectations, set realistic goals, and achieve them on time and within budget
- Implement and report performance metrics to executive management
- Comfortable doing architecture roadshows
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed and innovation in a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of the overall software development organization
- Create a productive and healthy work/life balance. Effectively manage stress, foster a flexible work environment, and keep the team focused, engaged, productive, and fulfilled.
Qualities you possess…
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree and 10+ years of software design, building and scaling high performance applications
- Experience in one or more technologies around NoSQL, message bus frameworks, container and container orchestration, modern UI frameworks, Authentication and Authorization
- Proven ability to define and implement architectural best practices, tools and frameworks selection
- Previous experience motivating, retaining and effectively deploying talented software engineers to perform against aggressive delivery goals.
- Experience with a variety of software development processes, and ability to apply the right process for the project.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships and motivate team members. Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Mid-stage start-up technical leadership experience is a plus.
- Background and in-depth knowledge of networking, cloud and application monitoring/management tools is also a big plus.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.