What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to provide consistent, best-in-class product support for the ScienceLogic SL1 platform. In serving as the primary liaison between the company and customer, the Technical Support Engineer resolves real-world technical challenges by supporting highly complex, mission critical enterprise deployments of the SL1 unified monitoring solution.
Who we are…
The Service Delivery team is composed of groups of highly intelligent and innovative Technical Support Engineers, Professional Service Engineers and Customer Success Managers who are dedicated to delivering a customer experience second to none. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering outstanding support and cutting-edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
We know you love a challenge. And so do we. The entire ScienceLogic team is committed to re-inventing the way organizations everywhere monitor their networks; and as part of the Technical Support team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to provide technical support for our cutting-edge hybrid cloud network monitoring software. The Technical Support Engineer provides support for ScienceLogic’s entire product suite.
- Provide technical support to ScienceLogic customers by answering telephone calls, replying to emails, and utilizing our ticketing system in line with departmental measures, with a focus on high quality, accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Ensure customer feedback is properly channeled into Product Management and Research & Development
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of ScienceLogic products and best practices
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and ScienceLogic employees
- Provide feedback and recommendations to improve processes and innovate the support experience
- Proactively share information and expertise regarding recent fixes, and best practices
- Provide on-call and shift coverage as required
Qualities you possess…
The key to being successful in the Technical Support Engineer role within ScienceLogic is being an excellent problem solver, an analytical thinker and an outstanding communicator. You must be passionate about helping customers be successful with SL1. The following skills and experience are also necessary:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues quickly
- Ability to professionally perform and communicate in stressful and high impact situations
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload, making good use of time to achieve organizational and personal goals
- 2+ years System administration/support experience in with an emphasis on Linux
- Prior experience supporting complex enterprise-class software strong preferred
- Working knowledge configuration and troubleshooting SNMP based monitoring solutions
- MySQL database knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge of scripting, PHP and/or Python is a plus
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.