What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic’s goal is to accelerate the productivity of its global sales team with world-class onboarding and enablement. We are looking for a trainer that possesses a combination of sales and technical experience to create a comprehensive technical sales training program and to support ongoing sales enablement efforts for the larger team.
Who we are…
Our Sales Organization is made up of highly technical software Sales Engineers, seasoned Account Executives and tenacious Business Development Representatives. The team is responsible for selling the value of the SL1 Platform by identifying a company’s business outcomes and, ultimately, demonstrating how they can be achieved using our software.
What you’ll be doing…
- Proactively identifying ongoing training needs through surveys, observations, and stakeholder feedback.
- Understanding the technical capabilities of the platform and how they tie to business use cases/outcomes.
- Partnering with a variety of stakeholders to include Marketing, Product, Engineering, and the Sales Team to define and facilitate training outcomes.
- Designing and facilitating training workshops and curriculum that engage the learner and help them apply what they’ve learned.
- Creating demo and presentation scripts for Sales Engineers that are focused on problems that our platform can solve, not on features/capabilities.
- Facilitating both onsite and virtual training via WebEx on the product, processes, or skills related topics.
Qualities you possess…
You’d be a good fit for this opportunity if you are proactive and self-directed, looking for an opportunity to make a real impact within a growing sales organization, and have the following experience…
- Ability to tie business outcomes to technical capabilities.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by an Operations team (NOC, SOC, Performance Command Center, SysAdmins) monitoring their operations environment.
- Prior experience with Network and Device Monitoring software like Nagios, Solarwinds, OpenView, BMC, Tivoli, or any other NMS is highly beneficial.
- Understanding of modern IT / Service Provider ITSM & ITOM operational models.
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux command line navigation enough to demonstrate script execution to others.
- Good understanding of networking and Internet concepts such as IP subnetting, NAT, ACL’s.
- Good understanding of the modern datacenter, IT Service, and application delivery including the role of virtualization, cloud (public and private), and storage is important.
- Ability to apply effective training methodologies and tools.
- Experience building and running training programs using a variety of methodologies: instructor-led and online.
- Familiarity with various trends in learning technology (i.e., Learning Management Systems and on-demand authoring tools/approaches).
- Proven ability to partner with and earn the trust of sales executives providing counsel and leadership on strategic sales enablement projects.
- Dynamic and proven presentation and written communication skills.
- BS/BA degree
- 2-3+ years of sales training experience; with focus on field sales and channel sales
- 3+ years technical training experience with senior level engineers
- Limited Domestic and International travel may be required.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.