What we are looking for…
A platform product manager plays a key role in shaping the product and success of the business as a whole. The platform product manager is responsible for managing and delivering industry leading solutions around the delivery of the ScienceLogic platform atop bare metal as well as the major virtualization and cloud technologies. This is a tremendous opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual with an operations background to get in with a company experiencing exponential growth in a rapidly expanding AIOps market.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- The Platform Product Manager will be the subject matter expert and work with internal stakeholders, customers, and partners to deliver the ScienceLogic Platform.
- You will be the subject matter expert (SME) on the platform, the evangelist for SL1, both inside and outside of ScienceLogic, and clearly articulate benefits of the platform, its various technologies and capabilities.
- Market Research and Analysis
- Conduct competitive analysis to position the platform relative to existing solutions in market and trends.
- Create business and use cases for delivery by identifying the overall market opportunity, technical strategy, prioritization and business value.
- Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Manage the lifecycle of supported platforms and emerging technologies, from conception through to launch.
- Define and document platform requirements.
- Create, own and drive the platform portfolio and strategy, working with multiple stakeholders inside and outside of the business to achieve delivery, operations and business goals.
- Decide on future developments. Create and communicate roadmaps to illustrate the platform vision.
- Engage with stakeholders, both internal and external, on a regular basis to fully understand how they deploy, operate and leverage the platform and its capabilities to identify new ways to support their current & future requirements.
Qualities you possess…
- BS/BA degree in related technical field and a passion for building products.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about delivery and operations and wants to develop innovative solutions that deliver value to customers and generate business outcomes
- Minimum 7 year of experience as a Linux systems administrator with at least 2 years prior experience with deploying and operating systems on hypervisors, in the cloud and as containers.
- Minimum 5 years of software product manager in an Agile development environment or equivalent experience in development or pre-sales.
- Experience with ITOM monitoring platforms preferred
- Ability to balance technical and business issues and communicate appropriately with both technical and business experts
- Strong relationship building, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with strong technical aptitude, attention to detail, logical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience in capture and analysis of customer requirements
- Excellent teamwork skills across all disciplines in the company (Sales, Marketing, Engineering, QA, etc.)
- A willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.