What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to provide leadership and expertise in building automated test scripts for testing web interfaces, API and database services to ensure the quality and performance of our AI/ML hybrid cloud monitoring platform, SL1, under various conditions. This role will utilize your advanced expertise and ability to influence change to drive the expansion and development of automated testing within the organization, as part of a robust software engineering team.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Lead the tracking of test coverage for unit tests and other automated tests
- Architect the inclusion of automated tests into our Continuous Integration (CI) framework
- Mentor team members on what make a good automated test, teach stability of existing tests, train how to create tests for edge cases and negative tests, and how to choose appropriate automated testing coverage
- Balance the needs of test coverage against the resources needed for running tests and the time it takes to run them
- Through execution of one’s own judgement and expertise, take a leadership role in building out an extensive automated test infrastructure, including defining the test scope, that will eventually span the entire product stack.
- Take an active part in working with senior leadership to provide expertise surrounding our testing strategy and roadmap.
- Provide leadership and guidance on how to use modern tools to find the best, most modular way to create test automation.
- Strives to create, promote and maintain a collaborative and agile environment, while leading the team towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism. Promotes our culture and values through all actions including exhibiting sound decision making, strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility/agility to changing environments.
- Actively mentors junior team members.
- Actively contribute in Scrum standups, backlog grooming, reviews and retrospectives.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or an equivalent technical discipline and 8+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer in Test.
- 3+ year’s practical QA experience with proficiency in both manual and automation testing.
- Expert level of proficiency with SQL or NoSQL Databases, must be able to develop and execute advanced SQL queries to validate functionality and perform data validation. Must also be able to understand stored procedures.
- Can demonstrate an expert level understanding of Linux, must be able to understand advanced level command lines for troubleshooting purposes
- Working knowledge and usage of reporting frameworks such as Cucumber or Cobertura
- Working knowledge and usage of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Travis
- Advanced knowledge of scale testing using tools such as Apache JMeter, Silk Performer or HP LoadRunner
- Demonstrates a mastery of working in high-volume data testing environments
- Demonstrates a mastery of Test Driven Development approaches and can successfully implement approaches within a testing environment
- Has demonstrated success using automation tools such as Selenium or similar
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment, including working knowledge of Agile principals and ceremonies
- Prior experience successfully mentoring other team members
- Candidate must possess the ability to produce top quality deliverables from start to finish
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.