What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Software Engineer in Test that will develop and implement very data-focused testing procedures to ensure the continued quality of our data and the integrity of our product, SL1. Ideal candidates will be able to conduct a wide range of tests and analysis with full competency to ensure that software, systems, and services meet minimum standards and defined end-user and system requirements.
The candidate for this position must have the ability to work as an individual contributor, team member in a position to test and validate data on tight schedules throughout the development cycle. The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills required.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Contribute, as part of a team, towards organizational goal of providing high quality products.
- Test, through all stages of the software lifecycle.
- Interact within the test team and within Agile Scrum teams to identify, create, and maintain test data needed to execute test cases.
- Work with software engineers to analyze test results and debug problems.
- Translates assigned end-user requirements into fully documented test cases and scripts in accordance with approved test plans.
- Creates and executes efficient database queries to support, perform, or validate test cases.
- Interacts with test team and other groups to identify, create, and maintain test data needed to execute test cases.
- Executes test cases and scripts manually, using automated test tools, or through database queries.
- Evaluates results of test execution and records, retests, and closes defects when expected results not achieved.
- Report progress and issues to test management and participates in test team status meetings as required.
- Participates in review of project requirements to understand test objectives and to provide input on testability of requirements.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ year’s practical Software Engineer in Test experience with both manual and automation testing.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Experience in delivering products using an Agile methodology desired.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems and ask the right questions based on the facts provided.
- Experience in Manual and Automation testing.
- Experience testing in Linux, Windows and Mac OSX.
- Experience in developing SQL queries to validate functionality, data validation, and backend testing. (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of programming or scripting skills (PHP, Python, C++, XML) desired.
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems, SNMP, MIBs and Clusters desired.
- Candidate must possess the ability to produce top quality deliverables from start to finish.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.