What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Senior Software Engineer who will play a key role in systems design to maximize the resiliency, scale and security of our SL1 platform. As a successful candidate you possess a strong understanding of software engineering process and methodologies as well as object-oriented design and Python programming experience. You will also have deep experience optimizing and troubleshooting the Linux OS and be comfortable applying and testing changes necessary to address performance and security concerns. Our technology spans both on-prem data centers and the public cloud so you will be working on the cutting-edge evolution of our product.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Help make the transformation from a successful legacy product to a set of containerized applications providing scalable, flexible services to customers.
- Deliver systems level enhancements, tuning and improvements to our core platform.
- Build tools for automation of system monitoring, configuration, and alerting.
- Evaluate infrastructure effectiveness and develop technical directions in line with industry trends that continue to evolve our platform.
- Write and maintain systems documentation, runbooks and troubleshooting guides.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of product backlog, as well as assisting in the implementation of features while adhering to sound Engineering principles.
- Take an active role in understanding and prioritizing technical debt.
- Contribute to the review and correction of defects.
- Actively contribute in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
Qualities you possess…
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent experience where you learn basic software engineering concepts – functional programming, OO design, threading, multi-processing, design patterns, etc.
- 7+ years of experience in Software or Systems Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years using Linux with the ability to navigate, write scripts and work with packages.
- 5+ years of experience supporting relational and/or distributed NoSQL databases including MySQL/MariaDB and/or Scylla/Cassandra.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus.
- Proven hands on experience designing, building and maintaining technology infrastructure.
- Strong Linux administration skills (Red Hat variants).
- Experience supporting Python based Enterprise applications.
- Experience with containerized applications.
- Ability to deep dive into complex technical challenges.
- Advanced scripting skills highly desirable.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of productivity tools (ie. JIRA, Confluence)
- Collaborative self-starter with excellent time-management skills and an ability to find creative ways to solve problems
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.