This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Subject Matter Expert ( RWE, Site Engagement, and Patient Engagement) eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
Product Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) support our internal staff and external clients by providing real world experience in market need, user engagement/experience, best practice for delivery and other support as required. This can take the form of assessing market opportunities and partnerships; identifying and prioritizing our Product roadmap; training and knowledge transfer for internal and external users; assisting in the capture of new feature requirements; interacting with peers including industry consortia, and in general being the expert of our products and/or processes.
Subject Matter Experts are grouped into the following areas of focus:
- eClinical Outcomes Assessment (eCOA) – functionality and process for design and delivery of eCOA such as assessment scoring, widgets, form functionality, libraries, licensure, translations, and BYOD.
- Data/Connected devices – master data repository, data lake/pipes, visualizations, including connected device partnerships, qualification, and integrations
- Patient Engagement – provides patient perspective on all aspects of the platform experience beginning with feasibility surveys and clinical trial information/screening; extending to study conduct (e.g., content, FAQs, training, messaging); and finally broader digital health communities for post-study alumni, consented patient networks, and the general healthcare population
- Site Engagement – input from the viewpoint of someone with hands-on experience in a clinical site role including, but not limited to: feasibility, site engagement features (e.g., content, training), and site workflow automation (e.g., tasks, notifications); reporting/dashboards; and relationships/integration strategy for providers of site-facing technology
- Real World Evidence (RWE) – expertise in the design of observational studies encompassing: site/patient studies; direct to patient studies; patient tokenization and relationships with 3rd party data providers (e.g., EMR/EHR, labs); and other research designs (e.g., market research, feasibility surveys)
This role is a part of the Product team. While the Product SME is not a Business Development or Operations role, they will work closely with both of these teams to support sales and study delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Subject matter expertise in one of the key areas of focus
- Development of high-level business cases that summarize the opportunity, accessible market, and key features required for success
- Provide market/competitive input to the Product and Corporate strategy
- Drive thought leadership through generation of research abstracts, white papers, and presentations at Industry conferences, Customer meetings, and other settings
- Support operational and commercial readiness of features within the area of subject matter expertise
- Relationships with thought leaders, industry associations, customers, and potential partners within the area of expertise
- Ability to establish and support on-going partnerships within the subject matter. Examples include: license holder and translation relationship in eCOA SME, connected device relationships for the data SME, and EMR/EHR relationships for the RWE SME
- Capture, evaluation and prioritization of internal and external customer needs in collaboration with the Product Management team
- Serve as a knowledge repository for a variety of stakeholders
- Answer SME-related queries in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degree a plus
- Proven track-record in creating research abstracts/white papers and presenting subject matter research to internal and external clients
- Experience working closely with internal/external clients to add value
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to both sophisticated and novice audiences
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- High level, written and oral communication skills
- An effective communicator; strong communication, negotiation and influence skills
- Proven track record of delivering results and meeting targets
- Entrepreneurial team player
- Good blend of analytical skills, strategic thinking, planning and implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills and public speaking abilities, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organizations
- Ability to manage multiple strategic partnerships
- Commitment to results; is focused and results driven
- Excellent time management skills
- Action oriented and innovative; able to translate broad goals into achievable steps
- Motivating; knows how to influence and enable others
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Up to 20% travel, as needed, for project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed
Position reports to the Chief Product Officer. Candidate is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- No direct reports
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!