This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Scientific Advisor eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Scientific Advisor will provide thought leadership in support of agile clinical trials which include decentralized study components such as eCOA and Connected Devices. This role will work closely with Product, Clinical Operations, Commercial, Marketing, and Strategy to support advancement of Science 37’s presence with customers, at conferences, and in consortiums including, but not limited to: abstract submission, authoring of white papers, speaking at conferences, poster development/presentation, and participating in consortium related to Science 37’s product.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop new and improved best practices for Agile Trial technology including eConsent, eCOA and Connected Devices in support of BYOD and the agile clinical trial
- Provide cross functional guidance to Data Management, Product Management, and Product Design in support of these best practices
- Stay on the leading edge of Agile clinical trial technology elements such as eConsent, eCOA and Connected Devices through research activities and collaboration with clients, KOLs and industry forums so that Science 37 can utilize the most up to date endpoint understanding in its client projects and appears as the best decentralized trial provider in the industry
- Support Science 37 Regulatory Affairs in engaging with Regulatory bodies who are soliciting feedback for eCOA, Connected Devices and Decentralized Trials
- Summarize internal delivery process and internal data for topics of importance to eCOA, Connected Devices, and Decentralized Trials in order disseminate data driven observations in posters, publications, webinars, and commercial support
- Present and promote Science 37 in the industry, including active participation in industry forums, conferences, delivering speeches, webinars and papers on selected topics to raise awareness of Science 37 as a leading provider for agile clinical trials
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn quickly, adapt and apply new knowledge
- At least 5+ years’ experience (or equivalent) in working within the pharmaceutical, healthcare and/or related industryBachelor’s degree or equivalent in (public health, epidemiology, psychology, sociology, medical anthropology, health economics or similar); advanced degree highly preferred
- Electronic Clinical Outcomes Assessment and/or Connected Devices experience essential
- Proven track record of abstract submission and poster/session presentation at relevant industry conferences such as ISPOR, DIA, and SCOPE
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, abstracts, posters, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization and build remote relationships
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- A willingness and ability to travel
- Experience in clinical research, preferably in more than one therapeutic area or indication
- Knowledge of clinical outcome assessments’ scientific aspects
- Ability to develop expertise in new fields through research and networking
The incumbent reports directly to Senior Director of Product Development, eCOA.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!