This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US requiring up to 80% travel
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Lead Mobile Research Nurse eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
Science 37’s Nursing Solutions Group brings together expert nurses who share a passion for organizing, planning and implementing mobile clinical nurse services to participants in clinical trials. Science 37’s extraordinary work environment allows continuous collaboration between clinicians, clinical researchers, patient recruitment specialists, data managers and technology developers. The Nursing Solutions Group is involved throughout the trial life cycle, from protocol development and feasibility analysis to clinical trial implementation and closeout.
The Lead Mobile Research Nurse is a Registered Nurse who has experience across multiple therapeutic areas with the ability to work independently and as well integrate with the Nursing Solutions Team. With interest/expertise in Science 37’s decentralized model of care delivery, the Lead Mobile Research Nurse performs feasibility analysis, protocol review and the delivery of care to participants as well as collaborating with brick and mortar sites if indicated for shared clinical trial implementation. The Lead Mobile Research Nurse ensures the professional delivery of patient care in compliance with all federal and state regulations, Good Clinical Practice, and Standard Operating Procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with nurse managers to review protocols/synopses for feasibility in the context of the decentralized clinical trial model for delivery of nursing services
- Participate and provide mobile research nurse services to qualified study participants at home
- Apply clinical research and nursing practices to develop solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with per diem mobile research nurses on solutioning, education, and resource support
- Participate in activities that will further the operational development of Science 37 nursing service delivery
- Develop relationships with study team members and serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on all nursing processes
- Participate in internal audits of nursing documentation in the Science 37 Platform and work to improve and/or correct deficiencies
- Refine and / or develop standard operating procedures in collaboration with Quality and Regulatory departments
- Other duties as assigned as the needs of Science 37 evolve and change
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BSN degree preferred
- Active RN licensure in home state as well as eligibility for Compact Licensure required
- Minimum 2+ years clinical/research experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Active Driver’s License
- Ability to work from home-based position
- Maintain a positive reflection of the company by representation in participant’s homes or in clinic settings.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions. Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, accountability, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Able to successfully work as a matrix in a decentralized team environment. Skilled in situational responsive decision-making.
- Expert nursing practices. An expert nurse with strong clinical experience and the ability to effectively train others. Should be proficient in performing nursing skills including but not limited to venipuncture, IV placement, medication administration, comprehensive and focused nursing assessments, ECGs, vital sign collection, and emergency first-responder care. Identifies deficiencies in documentation and clinical practice. Additionally, medical record review and abstraction for protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Flexibility. Able to make quick accommodations to schedule changes as well as process changes and to travel with limited notice.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive study participant and project team member rapport. Ability to interact with study participants and caregivers in a compassionate and empathetic manner. Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills. Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of propriety software.
- Problem solving. Ability to quickly and proactively identify problems, formulate solutions, execute solutions, and assess efficacy of solutions.
- Interpersonal savvy. Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner and has a range of interpersonal skills and approaches with ability to select a best-fit approach. Understands and demonstrates cultural competency and sensitivity.
- Ability to educate. Able to communicate with and educate study participants, health care workers and study staff from diverse socioeconomic, geographical and cultural backgrounds.
- Organizational Skills. Ability to multitask with priorities defined by research protocol and visit. Planning for specific visits with equipment and additional supplies for potential needs and malfunctions in mind.
- Up to 80% travel, as needed, for study participant visits, project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed
- Ability to obtain nursing license in multiple states based on study needs
- Physical ability to perform nursing tasks and lift equipment up to 15 kg in weight
- Access to a reliable vehicle in order to perform study participant visits and transport equipment
- Ability to drive to local and/or remote locations to perform study participant visits
- Ability to use technology effectively and appropriately for study participant assessments and documentation including but not limited to study participant care equipment, laptop computers, communication devices and tablets
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends
Position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision. Incumbent reports directly to the Director of Nursing Solutions Group.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!