This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Physician Investigator eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serving as an investigator (Principal Investigator or Sub-Investigator) on trials when appropriate for own experience/medical expertise
- Conducting informed consent process
- Evaluating potential participants for inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Reviewing medical history
- Reviewing laboratory results
- Conducting study assessments
- Reviewing protocol-specific measures recorded or collected by the Clinical Research Coordinator
- Reviewing and evaluating/adjusting investigational drug doses
- Overseeing drug dispensing and accountability
- Reviewing concomitant therapies
- Reviewing adverse and serious adverse events
- Communicating with participants’ healthcare providers as needed
- Attending study team trainings and meetings
- Attending sponsor meetings when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Medical degree
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine
- Experience as a clinical research investigator with a focus on pharmaceutical-sponsored clinical research
- Able to commit at least 8 hours/week to investigator activities
- Expertise in virtual patient care (telemedicine). Demonstrates ability to effectively and compassionately communicate with patients, clinical research staff, and other colleagues through technology. Maintains high quality customer service
- Strong practice of accountability. Understands the value of processes, roles and responsibilities in a rapidly scaling business. Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and achieve goals according to accountability
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies. Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment. Successful decentralized team management and situational responsive decision-making
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research. Understands the drug development process. Knowledgeable about the critical elements for success in clinical trials; participation in and contribution to these activities. Ability to create and review protocols, programs, and assess the feasibility/pathway to success of a project
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive professional relationships with project team members and study participants
- Computer skills. Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of proprietary clinical research software
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions. Demonstrates ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, responsibility, and flexibility to get the work done
- Strong project and time management skills. Able to successfully lead/manage research personnel as an investigator. Proactive problem solving abilities and follow through
- Ability to clearly communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent requires ability to perform with minimal supervision. All projects are assigned by the Chief Medical Officer, to whom the incumbent reports.
No direct reports
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!