This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Solutions Architect eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for taking a hands-on role with the architecture and development of the Science 37 DCT OS, the technology that enables Science 37’s groundbreaking Metasite™ clinical research model and collaborates with Product, Data, Clinical Operations, and other relevant stakeholders to define study specific platform requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create, design, document and communicate technical solutions
- Manage architectural consistency across the systems
- Drive technical deep-dive sessions with internal and external clients
- Partner with Product, Sales and Commercial teams and get involved in driving external facing partnerships/collaborations to ensure customer success
- Develop Science 37 DCT OS feasibility assessments for new study opportunities
- Provide best practice recommendations with technical tradeoffs and risk assessment
- Understand Science 37’s strategic and competitive position and help deliver products that are recognized as best in industry.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of hands-on architecture and design experience with SaaS and cloud applications
- Experience producing technical assets and writing documentation.
- Experience leading technical sessions with internal and external clients
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- 5+ years of direct experience working with a wide variety of cloud technologies, developing business/commercial applications and designing solutions
- Expert in at least one of the following: Database, DevOps, Serverless computing, SaaS, Machine learning, etc.
- Understanding of conduct of clinical trials
- Experience in Clinical Trials and/or life science industry
- Experience working closely with internal/external clients to derive value added services, implementation approaches and delivery methods.
- Demonstrated ability of architecting and managing SDLC of multiple technical projects with both internal teams and external client teams preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences from engineers to C-level executives preferred
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to SaaS preferred
- Understanding of the current state of architecture frameworks (i.e. TOGAF), development frameworks (i.e. Node.js, React.js, Angular.js Vue.js, Spring) cloud technologies, Continuous Integration/Deployment, architectural patterns, security, compliance and delivery methods preferred
- Understanding of regulatory framework for software delivery preferred
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Experience with Life Science and/or Clinical trials industry is a plus
- Ability to analyze business and product requirements and develop technical solution proposals through feasibility assessment, solution designs and system architecture specifications aligned with business goals and engineering directions.
- Ability to define architectural frameworks and ensure development efficiency, maintainability and scalability.
- Ability to facilitate and lead deep-dive technical sessions with software engineers, product managers, designers from both internal teams and external clients
- Ability to provide customer and technical feedback to product and engineering teams to help define product decisions
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and recommendations to engineers, product managers, designers, users and clients effectively through presentations, workshops, documentation, etc.
- Ability to Create and deliver best practices recommendations to the product and engineering teams.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The Solutions Architects works under the guidance and direction of the Director of Customer Success with little to minimal supervision.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!