This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Financial Analyst eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the project financials. This role will be managing month-to-month revenue, forecasting, and partnering with the Project Managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Effectively and proactively manage all aspects of project financial management, to include but not limited to revenue recognition, forecasting, invoicing, WIP, CO/OOS, and project profitability
- Serve as primary contact and business partner for Project Management with respect to project financial matters
- Drive compliance and maintain accountability related to month-end timelines
- Ensure month end project revenue is correctly stated each month across all regions and functional areas
- Proactively identifying out-of-scope activities for revenue and margin improvement; communicating and escalating as needed to ensure management prioritizes accordingly
- Work with Project Management to obtain accurately forecast monthly revenues and understand subsequent deviations to forecast
- Prepare monthly backlog roll-forward and coordinate with management on risk related matters
- Manage budget template preparations and management related to new business and change orders on existing work
- Attend and contribute to monthly operational meetings to inquire and advise on financial issues
- Prepare and present training to Project Team(s) and other functional groups to drive organizational financial literacy
- Manage the compilation and reporting of project profitability to drive visibility and ensuring financial matters are being escalated and actioned as appropriate
- Coordinate with Project Managers and clients as needed related to client accrual(s)
- Contributing financial insight regarding project operational issues
- Development of new tools and process improvement to streamline financial processes
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5 years in a project financial role
- 3 years of CRO experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting/business
- Leadership – proven track record of self-starting and proactive performance
- Problem Solving - Ability to think both analytically and creatively from both a granule and strategic perspective. Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits
- Strong interpersonal skills and public-speaking abilities – ability to communicate, influence and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Computer skills – Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Google applications, project management and analytics software. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Able to successfully work in a decentralized team environment. Skilled in situational responsive decision-making
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent reports to the Director, Finance, FP&A who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
No direct reports.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!