This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Nursing Solutions Manager eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Nursing Solutions Manager is responsible for the operational oversight implementation and daily management of all nursing activities for select clinical research studies within Science 37. This includes, but is not limited to, management of mobile research nurses, vendors and contracted health care workers and operationalization of study protocols. The Manager, Nursing Solutions oversees project specific clinical processes, develops and delivers clinical education and training, ensures study participant safety, appropriate scheduling, resource allocation, high-quality study participant care, and excellent brand representation, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), evidence-based practices, appropriate documentation, and compliance with all appropriate regulations. In addition, the Manager, Nursing Solutions coordinates with other departments to help carry-out company objectives and ensures compliance with study protocols.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervises all nursing activities related to assigned clinical studies and serves as the lead nurse for assigned protocols
- Ensures the safety of study participants, mobile research nurses, and vendor nurses
- Manages nursing vendors, vendor nurses, and staff within the Nursing Solutions Group
- Identifies, develops and delivers necessary training for protocol-specificity, skills, remediation, and any other training as necessary.
- Develops study-specific nurse-facing resource materials to maximize the nurses’ ability to successfully carry out a protocol
- Delivers study-specific training, as appropriate, to nurses participating in each study
- Ensures efficiency and effectiveness of training
- Ensures appropriate documentation of all training
- Participates in Site Initiation Visit for assigned studies
- Ensures research quality by practicing in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), principles of GCP and applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Collaborates with other departments within Science 37, as necessary
- Ensures appropriate equipment and supplies are available for nurse visits for assigned studies
- Ensures quality of data collection and timely data entry into the Science 37 Platform
- Conducts team performance appraisals and evaluates nurse performance based on pre identified and measurable means, providing timely and thoughtful feedback
- Applies clinical research knowledge and nursing to develop solutions to complex problems
- Oversees vendor invoices and promotes stewardship within the department
- Works with other departments to ensure optimal functionality of equipment, programs and
software. Communicates issues in a timely and descriptive manner to assist in repairs and/or improvements.
- Participates in project, protocol, and team meetings, as applicable
- Advises the department head of actual or potential issues
- Participates in auditing activities as needed
- Maintains knowledge of assigned research protocols to coordinate the comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols in accordance with research governing entity requirements, including but not limited to sponsor, FDA, and IRB requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum of Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Preferred 5+ years of clinical research experience
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required; 2+ years preferred
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrates ability to foster concepts of teamwork, accountability, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Able to successfully work in a decentralized team environment. Skilled in situational responsive decision-making.
- Flexibility – Able to make quick accommodations to schedule changes as well as process changes and able to travel with limited notice.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive study participant, project team member and internal Science 37 rapport. Ability to interact with study participants and caregivers in a compassionate and empathetic manner.
- Computer skills- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of proprietary software.
- Problem solving – Ability to quickly and proactively identify problems and formulate, execute and assess efficacy of solutions.
- Interpersonal savvy - Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner and has a range of interpersonal skills and approaches with ability to select a best-fit approach. Understands and demonstrates cultural competency and sensitivity.
- Ability to educate – Able to communicate with and educate study participants, health care workers and Science 37 staff from diverse socioeconomic, geographical and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to motivate & influence - Ability to motivate, influence and guide team members and direct reports; gains commitments from others.
- Build & manage teams - Experience in building and guiding organizational teams. Leverages each team member’s unique background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and accountabilities. Commitment to collaboration, within and across departments.
- Brand representation – Ability to positively and accurately represent the Science 37 brand to study participants, partners and clients.
- Up to 25% travel as needed for, project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed
- Ability to use technology effectively and appropriately
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as needed
The incumbent reports directly to the Associate Director, Nursing Solutions.
- Nursing Solutions Coordinator
- Mobile Research Nurse
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!