This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Security Systems Administrator eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Security Systems Administrator is responsible for the daily operation of security-related systems, software, and infrastructure within the corporate environment. This also includes implementation of new software, troubleshooting, support and maintenance of existing systems, and assistance with execution of InfoSec projects as required by management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting security-related systems and functions
- Updating software/firmware with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each resource
- Remediating vulnerabilities found during scans and penetration tests
- Analyzing existing security functions on a granular level
- Identifying gaps in function or procedure and communicating them to upper management
- Assuring backup and retention policies are being updated and carried out
- Ownership of physical security systems such as biometrics and surveillance cameras
- Configuring and supporting security tools such as anti-virus, anti-malware, EDR, and encryption
- Security functions of mobile devices, MDM, and BYOD
- Comprehension of official written Security Policies and translating them into production hardware, software, and employee processes and behaviors
- Monitoring and taking action on low and medium criticality alerts from SIEM and other sources
- Ownership of E-mail related areas such as encryption, phishing, anti-spam, blacklisting
- Performing active malware remediation and anti-virus procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Holistic understanding from a cybersecurity perspective of how users, hardware devices, applications, and security tools integrate in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate environment of 400+ employees
- 3+ years server / application / appliance / workstation configuration, troubleshooting, and support in a corporate environment
- 3+ years of experience using Apple macOS in a corporate environment
- Experience with Cybersecurity training and Phishing simulations
- Experience with Data Loss prevention / DLP
- Experience with Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Incident Response policies, testing, and procedures
- MDM platforms such as Intune, AirWatch, Jamf, Absolute, MobileIron experience preferred
- Email platforms such as Gmail, Proofpoint, 365 experience preferred
- IAM / SSO environments such as Jumpcloud, OneLogin and Okta experience preferred
- Vulnerability platforms such as Rapid7, Qualys, Nessus experience preferred
- Antivirus / EDR such as Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, Crowdstrike, Carbon Black experience preferred
- ISO27001/HIPAA/HITRUST experience experience preferred
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field preferred
- Advanced training certifications such as Security+, CISSP, etc. preferred
- Strong auditing / reporting skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime / odd hours as maintenance windows or security incidents necessitate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills among others with different technical skill levels
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-manage, organize, and keep projects on time
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent reports to the Senior Security Engineer & Administrator, who will assign projects and provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!