This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Senior Director of External Reporting and Internal Controls eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Senior Director of External Reporting and Internal Controls is responsible for overseeing SEC reporting, internal controls and corporate financial policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation, accurate reporting and filing of SEC periodic reports such as Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.
- Leads preparation of other SEC filings, such as registration statements, proxy statements, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all SEC filings related to XBRL reporting
- Works with other Finance leaders to complete PCAOB standard audits
- Conducts, supports and assists with the internal audit function and the initial implementation and ongoing SOX compliance requirements
- Leads external accounting research efforts
- Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC, FASB, etc.
- Prepares memorandums regarding the Company’s position and impact on the Company of certain accounting positions
- Writes, implements, and ensures effective and practical implementation of corporate policies
- Prepare and assist with international tax accounting methodologies and documentation; to include but not limited to recognition of deferred tax assets and subsequent allowances, international transfer price and intercompany allocations
- Liaises with the Finance department, internal legal counsel and external independent auditors
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree; CPA required
- 10+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical space with 7-10 years of experience in SEC reporting and internal controls preferably with a life sciences tech company, CRO, biopharmaceutical company or other relevant clinical research experience
- Experience in leading the external reporting requirements of an international company transitioning from privately-held to publicly-held company standards
- Expertise in technical accounting (ASC 606 preferred) and public company regulatory compliance
- Implementation experience in establishing internal controls and achieving SOX compliance
- Strong and effective communicator (written and verbal); strong negotiation and influence skills; sharp business acumen
- Leadership – proven track record in leading high-performing teams
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Problem Solving - Ability to think both analytically and creatively, including strategic planning abilities. Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits
- Strong interpersonal skills and public-speaking abilities – ability to communicate, influence and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Computer skills – Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Google applications, project management and analytics software. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Able to successfully work in a decentralized team environment. Skilled in situational responsive decision-making
- Up to 20% travel, as needed, for project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written).
The incumbent requires ability to perform with minimal supervision. Incumbent reports to the CFO.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!