This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Senior Project Manager of Patient Engagement eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Senior Project Manager of Patient Engagement is responsible for the strategic operations and delivery of patient engagement programs supporting clinical research trials conducted by Science 37. You will manage the cross functional collaboration in department communications and project implementation with Clinical Operations, Tech, Data Management, Data Analytics, and Medical Affairs teams. On a day-to-day basis the Sr. PM will be responsible for ensuring the assigned project(s) are operating within contracted scope and budget, tracking all project related activity in relevant tracking systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages the proper execution of patient engagement programs at Science 37 in accordance with SOPs and GCPs.
- Develops clear and measurable project schedule in conjunction with the Sr. Director, Patient Engagement and other stakeholder groups.
- Defines timelines, milestones and scope of work limitations to project staff.
Serve as member of the project team, refining and reviewing the patient engagement strategy in partnership with the Clinical Project Manager.
- Establishes and maintains contacts at various levels regarding Patient Engagement projects.
- Lead Patient Engagement project activities to assure timely launch of trial recruitment materials and other Patient Engagement team materials, including patient screening websites, online ad campaigns, email marketing campaigns, print materials, and more.
- Represent the Science 37 Patient Engagement team at client facing meetings to present strategy and applicable updates.
- Assists in the identification of critical project success factors for tracking, analysis and reporting including probability and impact of potential project risks.
- Monitors and reports on the impact of the patient recruitment/engagement plan; Identifies bottlenecks and works with Science 37 departments to address issues.
- Initiates scope change process in collaboration with study operations team.
- Ensures vendor contracting processes are completed in accordance with project timelines and cost parameters.
- Helps to ensure compliance of vendors with study protocols, Good Clinical Practices, worldwide regulatory requirements, SOPs and company policies, quality standards and guidelines.
- Contributes to continuous process improvement across the departments.
- Serves as subject matter expert internally and externally.
- Actively maintain knowledge of current engagement/recruitment technology, trends and relevant vendors to provide.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience; Patient Engagement/Recruitment experience (or equivalent) in a CRO or pharmaceutical organization preferred
- Medical and scientific knowledge required strongly preferred
- Expertise in Patient Engagement - Demonstrated ability to successfully manage patient engagement related projects, think critically, problem solve proactively, and be able to follow-through until delivery
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies - Proven ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Successful decentralized team management and situational responsive decision-making
- Strong knowledge of clinical research – Expertise in the drug development process and the critical elements for success in clinical trials, with previous participation in and contribution to these activities. Ability to review protocols and assess the risks and requirements of a project
- High level of collaborative capabilities - Commitment to collaboration, within the Patient Engagement team and across departments
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with sponsor, project team member and internal Science37 study staff and management. Ability to conduct effective presentations
- Computer skills - Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of propriety software
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self-control, and flexibility to get the work done
- Strong Critical Thinking Skills – Has demonstrated ability to creatively tackle problems in collaboration of colleagues and stakeholders
- Up to 20% travel, as needed, for project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written).
The incumbent reports to the Senior Director of Patient Engagement, who will assign projects and provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!