This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Lead Software Engineer eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Lead Software Engineer is an experienced, detail-oriented engineer that plays a key role in the overall success of an engineering team. They serve as a technical expert for their team and focus largely on improving the platform through building robust, reliable, and scalable technical solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as an engineering leader and technical expert
- Ensure the reliability and availability of the platform
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of technical solutions
- Ensure the technical solutions are maintainable and simple
- Ensure that team members are adhering to best coding practices
- Design, build, scale and monitor our platform
- Develop highly performant, testable, and scalable code
- Review code and pull requests to ensure standards and code quality are maintained
- Solve complex engineering problems, and tackle emergent issues
- Establish best practices, coding standards, and design patterns
- Mentor and uplift team members regularly, through proactive and constructive feedback
- Foster and maintain a work environment that supports being kind, useful, and awesome
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- B.S. in computer science, related technology field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience building highly available, scalable and modern API based applications
- 6+ years of experience building and optimizing front-end web applications
- Enthusiasm for learning new programming languages and solving technical challenges
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in React, React Native, and/or NodeJS
- Experience with SOA and Microservices Architecture
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, RDS, etc.)
- Ability to successfully collaborate with people and manage projects
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal direction or guidance
- Ability to be a proactive problem solver with impeccable follow-through
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment and priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain both internal and external relationships
- PLUS: Proficient in Java
- PLUS: Experience with Mulesoft Anypoint Platform (API, Exchange, and Messaging Queues, etc.)
The imcumbent reports to Software Engineering Manager who provides general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!