This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity with the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Program Manager, Customer Success eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
As part of the Science 37 Tech team, the Program Manager collaborates with motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals working together to achieve Science 37’s mission of changing the world of clinical research through patient-centered design. The Program Manager has a hands-on role with the architecture and development of the Science 37 DCT OS, the technology that enables Science 37’s groundbreaking Metasite™ clinical research model. They collaborate with Product, Commercial, Clinical Operations, Engineering and other relevant stakeholders to deliver projects and programs that improve the Science 37 platform and experience. They also serve as a trusted resource for knowledge and wisdom of our product, processes and roadmap.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage projects and programs within the Customer Success group and a selection of inter-departmental programs that involve Technology
- Identify dependencies and risks for managed programs and solution properly
- Design and implement best practices and governance model for programs in Customer Success and inter-departmental initiatives
- Own and drive continuous improvement on program management methodologies
- Design and implement metrics driven improvement plans on programs and have a proven methodology to track the progress
- Work closely with Engineering, Product and business leadership to ensure alignment in strategy and direction
- Work with and present to senior management on program communication strategy
- Ensure program and project status is reported clearly, consistently and reliably to executive management and team members
- Create, design, document and communicate technical solutions
- Drive technical deep-dive sessions with internal and external clients
- Partner with Product, Sales and Commercial teams and get involved in driving external facing partnerships/collaborations to ensure customer success
- Develop Science 37 feasibility assessments for new study opportunities
- Provide best practice recommendations with technical tradeoffs and risk assessment
- Understand Science 37’s strategic and competitive position and help deliver products that are recognized as best in industry.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of program management experience
- 8+ years of project management experience
- 6+ years in Technology/Product/Engineering
- Experience with consumer facing software required
- Working knowledge of change control/management and development/delivery process
- Advanced knowledge of program and project management methodologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience on waterfall, Agile and accompanying SDLC
- Advanced knowledge of resource management planning and execution methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with complex, cross-disciplined and longer-term programs.
- Proven experience with risk management
- Experience with metrics and data driven project and program management
- Demonstrated success in planning, launching and delivering new programs
- Experience with change control management
- Knowledge on quality management system
- Mentoring program and project managers
- Building career path for program and project managers
- Advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- 5+ years of direct experience working with a wide variety of cloud technologies, developing business/commercial applications and designing solutions
- Expert in at least one of the following: Database, DevOps, Serverless computing, SaaS, Machine learning, etc.
- Understanding of conduct of clinical trials
- Experience in Clinical Trials and/or life science industry
- Experience working closely with internal/external clients to derive value added services, implementation approaches and delivery methods.
- Demonstrated ability of architecting and managing SDLC of multiple technical projects with both internal teams and external client teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences from engineers to C-level executives.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to SaaS
- Understanding of the current state of architecture frameworks (i.e. TOGAF), development frameworks (i.e. Node.js, React.js, Angular.js Vue.js, Spring) cloud technologies, Continuous Integration/Deployment, architectural patterns, security, compliance and delivery methods.
- Understanding of regulatory framework for software delivery
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Life Science and/or Clinical trials industry is a plus
- Ability to analyze business and product requirements and develop technical solution proposals through feasibility assessment, solution designs and system architecture specifications aligned with business goals and engineering directions.
- Ability to define architectural frameworks and ensure development efficiency, maintainability and scalability.
- Ability to facilitate and lead deep-dive technical sessions with software engineers, product managers, designers from both internal teams and external clients
- Ability to provide customer and technical feedback to product and engineering teams to help define product decisions
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and recommendations to engineers, product managers, designers, users and clients effectively through presentations, workshops, documentation, etc.
- Ability to Create and deliver best practices recommendations to the product and engineering teams.
- Ability to define scope, schedule development, manage communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to analyze resource capacity and forecast timeline
- Ability to manage competing priorities with minimal supervisory input
- Ability to manage risks and guide teams to mitigate risk
- Ability to provide guidance to other program and project managers
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate agreement
- Ability to proactively identify impediments in project/program delivery and craft solutions.
- Ability to set metrics for the project and program for performance and goals.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
The Program Manager works under the guidance and direction of the Director of Customer Success with little to minimal supervision.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!