This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Manager, Solutions Architects eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
As part of the Science 37 Tech team, the Manager, Solutions Architects leads a group of motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals working together to achieve Science 37’s mission of changing the world of clinical research through patient-centered design. The Manager of Solution Architects has a leadership and hands-on role with the architecture and development of the Science 37 Operating System, the technology that enables Science 37’s groundbreaking Metasite™ clinical research model and collaborates with Product, Data, Clinical Operations, and other relevant stakeholders to define study specific requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Drive training and support of Solution Architects, ensuring that they are ready to perform demos and other knowledge transferring activities
- Ensure quality of SA demos
- Support scheduling of demos and engagements with SA’s and their customers
- Provide feedback to Solution Architects to help them hone their craft
- Serve as an information hub for customers and their inquiries
- Create, design, document and communicate technical solutions (ie, Serve as a Solution Architect)
- Manage architectural consistency across the systems
- Drive technical deep-dive sessions with internal and external clients
- Partner with Product, Sales and Commercial teams and get involved in driving external facing partnerships/collaborations to ensure customer success
- Develop Science 37 platform feasibility assessments for new study opportunities
- Provide best practice recommendations with technical tradeoffs and risk assessment
- Understand Science 37’s strategic and competitive position and help deliver products that are recognized as best in industry
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years of hands-on architecture and design experience with SaaS and cloud applications required
- Experience producing technical assets and writing documentation required
- Experience leading technical sessions with internal and external clients required
- Experience with Agile methodologies required
- Advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, or related technical field preferred
- 5+ years of direct experience working with a wide variety of cloud technologies, developing business/commercial applications and designing solutions preferred
- Expert in at least one of the following: Database, DevOps, Serverless computing, SaaS, Machine learning, etc. preferred
- Understanding of conduct of clinical trials preferred
- Experience in Clinical Trials and/or life science industry preferred
- Experience working closely with internal/external clients to derive value added services, implementation approaches and delivery methods preferred
- Demonstrated ability of architecting and managing SDLC of multiple technical projects with both internal teams and external client teams preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences from engineers to C-level executives preferred
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to SaaS preferred
- Understanding of the current state of architecture frameworks (i.e. TOGAF), development frameworks (i.e. Node.js, React.js, Angular.js Vue.js, Spring) cloud technologies, Continuous Integration/Deployment, architectural patterns, security, compliance and delivery methods preferred
- Understanding of regulatory framework for software delivery preferred
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Experience with Life Science and/or Clinical trials industry is a plus
- Ability to manage people, maintain quality, problem solve, troubleshoot (etc.) their daily needs
- Ability to remove barriers for staff and ensure they are best positioned for success
- Ability to manage numerous work streams simultaneously and maintain quality of deliverables
- Communication skills are an absolute must. Lead with compassion and kindness
- Ability to analyze business and product requirements and develop technical solution proposals through feasibility assessment, solution designs and system architecture specifications aligned with business goals and engineering directions
- Ability to define architectural frameworks and ensure development efficiency, maintainability and scalability
- Ability to facilitate and lead deep-dive technical sessions with software engineers, product managers, designers from both internal teams and external clients
- Ability to provide customer and technical feedback to product and engineering teams to help define product decisions
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and recommendations to engineers, product managers, designers, users and clients effectively through presentations, workshops, documentation, etc.
- Ability to Create and deliver best practices recommendations to the product and engineering teams
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The Manager of Solutions Architects works under the guidance and direction of the Director of Customer Success with little to minimal supervision.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!