Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Director of IT Enterprise Architecture, Applications & Business Planning eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Director of IT Enterprise Architecture, Applications & Business Planning is responsible for designing the architecture for Science 37 on an enterprise level. This role defines systems and application architecture and provides vision, problem anticipation, and problem-solving ability to the organization. They also participate in creating strategies and policies to meet overall business goals.
The tasks that this role will perform include leading and setting standards for governance and technical infrastructure. Moreover, they advocate for data quality and provide end-user training and root cause analysis. This role will also forecast plans and strategies for data and technology transitions, future goals, and needed skills.
This role will own and oversee the documentation of the IT Application Roadmap, models, communication protocols, and market trends. Essential skills include excellent communication, problem solving, analytical thinking, time management, organizational & leadership skills.
The Director of IT Enterprise Architecture, Applications & Business Planning will report to the Vice President of Information Technology & Engineering. This role will also serve as an expert advisor to senior management in the development of the IT Application and Technology Roadmap, its implementation, maintenance, and improvement. This role guides the senior leadership team by making recommendations for priority investments and projects that are aligned with the business growth and operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Produces technical solutions with detailed narrative for proposal development and supports key personnel requirements
- Collaborates closely with stakeholders to develop a deep and thorough understanding of the Science 37 enterprise
- Produces vision and strategy collateral and creates roadmaps to lean modernization efforts
- Applies a proven track record of portfolio assessments, target technology and IT landscape specifications and technical asset configuration to meet digital transformation objectives
- Implements and manages the architecture definition and realization activity using formal delivery and lifecycle methods
- Serves as one of the primary technological points of contact in the organization, responsible for guidance and overarching technical oversight, governance, architecture alignment and construction efforts, including team leadership and mentoring
- Oversees vendor interactions, services, platform(s) and other solutions along the roadmap while ensuring that technical milestones are following the program schedule
- Develops effective standards, leads technical resources, monitors, and mitigates risk, quality, security, tools adoption, and ensures success in the execution of these areas
- Participates in, and leads formal technology evaluations, proofs of concept and other R&D activity, providing client demonstrations and various solutioning and educational presentations to assert vetting, making recommendations and facilitating client buy-in
- Coordinates and collaborates in developing mission requirements and business outcomes with executive leadership, business stakeholders, various technical teams, contractors, etc.
- Serves as the technical strategy and solutions champion, fostering adoption of emerging technologies, resolving issues, responding to questions, and prescribing technical propositions by working directly with leadership, staff, and contractors
- Authors and presents documentation, briefings, SLAs and technical standards for the architectural runway
- Works closely, leads and coordinates with other architects and additional members of the technical leadership and all other program teams
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BS or MS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field required
- 10+ years of technology leadership roles and participation in major COTS/custom integration projects and transformation programs at scale
- 6+ years of experience in enterprise-scope architectural engagements, technical leadership at the program level, along with demonstrated, successful track record of delivery.
- Employment history must demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility within highly regulated environments (e.g., Life Science, Med Tech, Finance)
- Extensive experience with SaaS providers and systems
- Global company experience is preferred
- Public company experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Proven track record and experience in developing policies and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic environment
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001, SOC 1, SOC 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, & other local, national, and foreign regulations and guidelines that are relevant to the organization
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as NIST, OWASP
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple, interdisciplinary projects as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- A hands-on team player that is flexible and willing to do what is needed of the team
- Strong work ethic and availability
- Serve as a mentor / coach to less experienced members of the IT team
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!