This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is at the core of Science 37’s Technology teams engineering process building software that empowers engineering teams to deliver products at the top quality and in a timely manner. They spearhead developing scalable tools that enable engineers to design, develop, test, release and debug software accurately and quickly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
- Build, release and manage the configuration of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products/services.
- Troubleshoot systems and problem solve across platform and application domains.
- Suggest architecture improvements, recommend process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products, and provide cost-benefit analyses of them to the team.
- Ensure critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- AWS:5+ years’ experience with a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. ECS, RDS, ALB, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail) to develop and maintain an AWS-based solution, with an emphasis on cloud security and scalability best practices.
- Continuous Integration: 3+ experience with CI tools (Jenkins, CodeBuild, Github Actions, etc), 5+ experience using git
- 3+ years’ experience with infrastructure-as-code (preferably Terraform)
- DevOps: Solid experience supporting the delivery of critical applications into a 24x7 uptime AWS environment
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. bash, Node.js) and automation skills.
- Experience with system monitoring and alerting tools (CloudWatch Logs & Insights, CloudWatch Metrics, SNS, Slack, New Relic).
Preferred Experience with the following:
- Java containers: basic to intermediate experience with building and deploying containerized Java applications
- DB Skills: Basic to intermediate relational and NoSQL DB administration experience (MySQL, DynamoDB, DocDB).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Serverless: Experience deploying and managing serverless applications based on technologies such as AWS Lambda and Fargate
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC): a broad understanding of the best practices required for each step of developing, delivering and maintaining high quality software
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Security: Awareness of cloud security best practices (Well Architected Framework, CIS Foundation Benchmarks)
- Industry: Experience in SaaS, Healthcare/Medical, or Research
- Strong communication and presentation skills – Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Computer skills - Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Proficiency with MS PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies - The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Successful decentralized team management and situational responsive decision-making.
- Organization- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks by balancing business needs with technical requirements.
- Team management and collaborative capabilities – Commitment to collaboration, within and across departments. Leverages each team member’s unique background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and accountabilities. Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with teams working in multiple locations.
- Interpersonal Savvy- Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner. Has a range of interpersonal skills and approaches with ability to select a best-fit approach.
- Professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. Detail-oriented individual with a passion for learning new skills, technologies and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and people skills- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues. Communicate ideas effectively to resolve conflicts and achieve business goals. A focus on people and outcomes, not simply output. Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. Professional commitment to security, stability and quality.
- Up to 20% travel, as needed, for project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
Position reports to the Director, Cloud Infrastructure who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance. The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
We value employee well-being and aim to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!