Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. The VP. Director of Architecture will lead the software architecture function at Science 37 driving the overall architecture strategy for Science 37 platform to meet the demands of fast growing business. You will provide technical leadership to engineering and product who specialize in building and integrating systems at enterprise scale.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Driving the overall architectural strategy for the future of technology at Science 37 and ensuring its adoption across the company
- Working across the entire tech stack from UX to infrastructure, internal-facing, external-facing.
- Leading and developing architecture blueprints and roadmap to advance Science 37’s strategic domains including emerging technology, knowledge management, data transformation and foundational platforms.
- Providing the roadmap for step change improvements at the technical, methodological, and organizational levels
- Guiding and advising the technology team with the best practices to reduce the delivery, integration and operational risks and ensure continuous reductions of technical debt
- Influencing the strategic decision making of the company including internal technical solutions and pre/post merger/acquisition integrations
- Building collaborative relationships with stakeholders to understand the business and technology needs.
- Governing the integration process across all phases of delivery
- Responsible for keeping all business and tech stakeholders aligned with the architectural directions at all times
- Partner with other leaders across company to align and address longer term architectural goals and priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BS in Computer Science (MS preferred)
- 10+ years of active architecture related work
- Experience in architecture frameworks in web/mobile, cloud, microservices, data architecture, SaaS/PaaS solutions, infrastructure tools
- Technical understanding and deep experience with multiple stack, multiple platform, cloud and middleware environment across multiple companies
- Influential without direct line management control
- Ability to define key metrics for progress (tech debt, % adoption with architecture standards, reusability, etc)
- Willing to challenge and be challenged
- Experience building the architecture for a large-scale system with the entire stack of UX, applications, platforms, data and infrastructure
- Experience working on Pre/Post Merger/Acquisition system integrations
- Strong enterprise/integration architecture experience
- Excellent understanding of architecture patterns/anti-patterns
- Working knowledge and experience of multiple integration and API management technologies
- Knowledge and experience of hybrid cloud integration approaches, API-led architecture and integration governance methodology
- Experience with Mulesoft and cloud infrastructure like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Ability to articulate complex technical matters to non-technical individuals
- Strong bias towards action with a high cadence of delivering results.
- You look for opportunities to simplify the solutions.
- Strong personal drive to want to be a great leader, coach and teammate.
- Strong desire to make a concrete impact in improving the lives of patients.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- A passion to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts.
- Position will require some domestic and possible international travel
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
Position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision. All projects are assigned by the Vice President of Engineering, to whom Sr. Director of Architecture reports.
- Director of Enterprise Architecture
- Software Architects
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy daily healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!