Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Staff Account eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for month-end close, and handling daily treasury functions. Staff Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures in accordance with GAAP, and PCOAB standards monthly, within tight timelines.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepares and maintains GL by recording monthly journal entries with sufficient support documentations providing a clear audit trail on multiple balance sheet and cash accounts
- Ensures all assigned balance sheet accounts are reconciled and analyzed every month
- Performs fluctuation analysis on assigned balance sheet, and related income statement accounts; research, resolve and document variances
- Prepares monthly reports, quarterly and year end packages
- Supports quarterly and annual various audit function PBC requests
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP and PCOAB standards
- Monitors and reporting detailed daily banking activity
- Prepares various deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements
- Assists with any other ad hoc projects, analysis or analytics as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance
- Minimum 3-5 years of corporate accounting experience required
- CPA preferred
- Good understanding of GAAP/PCOAB standards
- Familiarity of Microsoft Office, Gmail, Excel, and Word, required
- Working knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Highly meticulous, well organized, detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to analyze processes and improve efficiency of procedures
- Strong team player who works well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated independence and self-motivation to solve problems and work productively
- Adherence to concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self-control, and flexibility to get work done
- Has experience ensuring compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control
- Experience interpreting and evaluating data results, preparation of documentation
- Has created financial reports and/or presentations
- Has demonstrated attention to detail and good-record-keeping skills
- Prioritizes workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to maintain good rapport with vendors, consultants and employees
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a remote environment.
- Flexibility to accommodate working among different time zones.
The incumbent works under the guidance of the department’s Accounting Manager. Incumbent is expected to be able to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!