This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Data Architect eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Data Architect is responsible for helping drive the database elements surrounding our proprietary systems. This position will report to the Director, Enterprise Architecture and will work with our architects, software engineers, product managers, and DevOps to help design database solutions and architecture, assist the team with database problems and optimization and help drive the execution of our increasingly iterative SDLC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Being part of a team that builds amazing software and improves the systems we already have
- Installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining databases in the production, development, testing environments
- Defining database physical and logical structure, functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Defining and implementing database schemas and configurations working with our development teams
- Optimizing database performance by identifying and resolving application bottlenecks, tuning of DB queries, implementation of stored procedures, conducting performance tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Working with development team design and implement reporting capabilities
- Implementing solutions for database performance monitoring and tuning
- Recommending operational efficiencies; eliminating duplicate work efforts and remove unnecessary complexities; creating and implementing new procedures and workflows
- Processing database change requests, including the creation and modification of databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, jobs, etc. in accordance with change control policies
- Utilizing an understanding of Agile management to help the team with all release and configuration related tasks around software builds into preproduction and production environments
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with more than 6+ years of Database Administration experience
- Strong architectural & database design skills
- Experience using SQL, NoSQL and Graph Databases
- Thrive in fast-paced, agile environments, and able to learn new areas quickly
- Experience with AWS required (other cloud providers are a plus)
- Deep knowledge on data architecture for microservices from identifying data types to selecting a database model, designing, implementing and operating in production
- Experience across different database platforms and tools such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB, MongoDB, AWS Neptune, Cassandra, Neo4j
- Experience designing and building data lake and data warehouse solutions
- Linux Server basic hands-on admin experience
- Experience with Cloud Computing management on the AWS platform
- Scripting experience with Python or Bash required
- Experience with Monitoring/Alert planning for data services
- Broad knowledge of common infrastructure technologies such as web servers, load balancers, etc.
- Expertise with highly available database technologies like clustering, replication, mirroring, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed applications
- Extensive knowledge of administration, replication, backup and restore of relational databases
- Experience with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and Dataweave a plus
- Solid understanding of load balancing and high volume, high availability environments
- Knowledge of SDLC and project management methodologies (JIRA experience is a plus)
- Able to analyze and review current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement and cost savings
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic with good time management with the ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Understanding of conduct of clinical trials preferred
- Experience in clinical trials and/or life science industry preferred
- Understanding of regulatory framework for software delivery preferred
- Experience with operational efficiency improvement initiatives preferred
- Experience with CSV (Computer Systems Validation) preferred
- Experience with SAFe methodology preferred
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, SpiraTest preferred
- Experience using both SQL, NoSQL and Graph Databases
- Experienced in automation and automation tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon Aurora
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon DocumentDB
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon Neptune
- Apache Cassandra
The incumbent is required to work under the guidance and direction of the Director, Enterprise Architecture with little to minimal supervision.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!