This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining business intelligence solutions to improve business operations. The BI Developer crafts queries and presents information through reports and visualizations. Solutions may involve query tools, data modeling, data visualization, interactive dashboards, and ad hoc reporting, with the focus being on well presented, easily digestible information. The position is highly technical but also requires soft skills to communicate at all levels within the organization. The role also works closely with Data Analysts and Data Engineers to create a presentation layer that is robust and serves as a common foundation for the consumption of data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyze, design, develop, document, test, and deploy BI solutions
- Translate data into meaningful operational insights
- Enhance and support existing solutions
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Create engaging visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Maintain and support the analytics platform
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Implement best practices for optimum use, performance, and maintainability
- Provide project effort estimates
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years of experience with data visualization tools (Tableau strongly preferred)
- A passion for visually communicating insights from data
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, OLAP concepts, and optimal data formats for visualization tools
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficient with at least one programming/scripting language (preferably Python)
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecyle and how it pertains to data
- Experience with troubleshooting and performance optimization
- Proficiency working in an Agile and collaborative team environment
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience in the Life Sciences field
- Familiarity with healthcare, pharmaceutical development and/or clinical trials preferred
- Ability to present meaningful insights to stakeholders in context
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Able to translate goals into achievable steps
- Strong collaborative team player
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and ability to adapt to changes in workload and priorities
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent reports to the Director, Business Intelligence, who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!