This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Full Stack Backend Engineer eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Backend Engineer will help us build the API layer and data layer to our flagship product platform and deliver scalable solutions for new features that have the power to positively impact millions. You must be fluent with MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform, common AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, and SQS, and be experienced with relational and document databases like MySQL, NoSQL, and DocumentDB.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, build, optimize and scale the backend of the Science 37 platform.
- Develop creative, efficient and scalable technical solutions for given business problems in standard modeling languages
- Develop highly performant, testable, scalable, object-oriented code
- Design and build APIs in the Anypoint Platform using RAML
- Review code and pull requests to ensure architectural, security, and code quality standards are maintained across repos
- Develop and maintain unit tests
- Deploy the code to non-production environments
- Collaborate with architects and other engineers to design, implement and test data layer for performance, data integrity and scalability
- Collaborate with other engineers to identify common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices
- Solve complex engineering problems up and down the platform
- Have strong sense of ownership of your work
- Responsible for the uptime of the production service you worked on
- Responsible for sharing knowledge with the wider team
- Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
- Understand the market and our customers’ needs
- Foster and maintain a work environment that supports being kind, useful, and awesome
- B.S. in computer science, math, engineering, related technology field, or equivalent professional experiences
- 3+ years of experience building highly-available, scalable and modern API based applications
- 2+ years of experience with various components of Mulesoft Anypoint Platform like Anypoint API Manager, Exchange, Design Center, Runtime Manager, and strong with DataWeave
- 2+ years of experience in designing and developing RAML based APIs using Anypoint Platform Design Center.
- 1+ years of experience with common AWS services such as ECS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, and S3
- 2+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience developing hybrid solutions using MuleSoft and AWS preferred
- NoSQL and DocumentDB experience is preferred
- Java experience is preferred
- Strong experience designing and coding MuleSoft APIs and applications using MuleSoft best practices and API-led connectivity best practices
- Proficient with common AWS services
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in one or more modeling languages (RAML, YAML, OAS, etc)
- Strong experience with DataWeave
- Experience with SOA and Microservices architecture
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direction and guidance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent reports to the Engineering Manager who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
We value employee well-being and aim to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!