IT Project Manager
**This is a remote, work from home position
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp IT Project Manager eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The IT Project Manager is a member of the Information Technology department accountable for on-time and on-budget delivery of IT Projects and processes at the highest quality standards. On a day-to-day basis, the Information Technology Project Manager will be hands-on with the Information Technology teams, Validation teams, Clinical Operations team, and other Business Owners in order to ensure successful project execution.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Project Guidelines and Communication:
- Develop project plan outlining planning, execution, and closeout milestones.
- Working with company business owners to perform business analysis for needs and solutions.
- End-to-end management of various IT Projects or processes to ensure appropriate resourcing and timely and high-quality delivery by all functional areas. Ability to identify and organize resources and services needed to accomplish tasks, set objectives, plan for contingencies, and manage time effectively.
- Assist in screening, selection, and management of project vendors in accordance with set timelines and budget.
- Develop and monitor project metrics to continuously assess progress.
- Work with Clinical Operations Project Manager to kick-off, coordinate and manage clinical study projects end-to-end for IT-related deliverables and budgets.
- Work closely with the Director of Information Technology and team to manage IT System initiatives and projects.
Project Analysis and Management
- Identify critical project success factors for tracking, analysis and reporting including impact and probability of project risks.
- Monitor and track project status, timelines, and budget expenditures; identify opportunities and recommend implementation plans for efficiency measures.
- Accountable for overall project budget, ensuring that all invoices are paid and issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate assignment of needed resources for project completion with functional area leaders; ensure appropriate staffing to accomplish project goals within budget.
- Identify out-of-scope work and reports the scope change process to leadership.
- Ensure that project activities are properly tracked and entered into the company’s time tracking/project management/resource planning software tool in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze data and information to derive conclusions and drive critical decision-making
- Ability to effectively deliver milestones, timelines and budgets is critical.
- Determines needed project processes and trains relevant teams; maintains project team knowledge and application of project processes.
- Establish and communicate team performance expectations and guidelines.
- Manage performance of project-related external service providers/3rd Party vendors as required.
- Provide performance evaluation input for Science 37 project team members and service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years in Information Technology project management
- 2+ years in Software as a Service (SaaS) project management
- 2+ years working with internal business owners
- 2+ years working with third party vendors and contractors
- 1+ year working in and/or with life sciences / healthcare companies and professionals
- Some Information Technology System Administration experience (plus)
- Some exposure to COTS validation projects and regulatory requirements including GxP, 21 CFR Part 11, and GAMP5 (plus).
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle, change control, computer systems validation and related tasks and deliverables.
- PMP Certification preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Expertise in project management - Demonstrate ability to successfully manage people and multiple projects. Proactive problem-solving abilities and follow-through.
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies - Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment, managing competing priorities. Successful decentralized team management and situational responsive decision-making.
- Team management and collaborative capabilities - Demonstrated experience in building and guiding organizational teams. Commitment to collaboration, within and across departments. Leverages each team member’s unique background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and accountabilities.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner. Confidently interacts with key internal and external stakeholders including department heads, senior management, vendors and consultants. Has a range of interpersonal skills, handles constructive criticism and learns from it, and approaches with the ability to select a best-fit approach. Has a good understanding of other company functions and their inter-relationship to achieve project deliverables.
- Strong motivational and influence skills – Ability to motivate, influence and guide team members; gains commitments from others.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive business partner, vendor and/or internal Science 37 relationships. Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Computer skills - Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Mac OS and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of proprietary software.
- Financial Skills - Manages and tracks multiple project budgets with a good understanding of technology project financials.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions - Demonstrated commitment to teamwork, cooperation, self-control, and flexibility in all areas of work.
- Leadership – Communicates and exhibits leadership behavior consistent with the company-wide keystone focus. Ability to have difficult/crucial conversations.
- Up to 10% travel, as needed, for project team meetings, presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written).
The incumbent reports to the Director of Information Technology, who will assign projects and provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
No direct reports