This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Director, Patient Centered Solutions eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director, Patient Centered Solutions is a key contributor to patient-centered strategies and leadership to help ensure the achievement of commercial bookings goals that align with broader Science 37 goals, objectives, and vision. The Director works in close partnership with the Vice President, Strategic Solutions and the Commercial Team, and is responsible for positioning Science 37 as an expert in recruitment and engagement solutions. The Director, Patient Centered Solutions will be responsible for the overall bookings goal of the specific product line globally and work in a matrix environment alongside the Business Development Directors aligned based on geography. Customer base will include but not limited to large/mid-sized Pharmaceutical companies, Biotech, and other alliances that align with Science 37 strategic interests. In addition, the Director, Patient Centered Solutions will work closely with the Clinical Operations and Patient Engagement Delivery teams to ensure Sales is apprised of the current product offering, capabilities, timelines and delivery modalities specific to the Patient Centered product line.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as Science 37 Lead on subject matter specific to patient-centricity / recruitment / engagement solutions
- Drive results through strategic business plan activities and relationship management, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identify, target, and secure new business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities to drive business
- Maintain pipeline of new business opportunities and accounts
- Build upon and expands Science 37’s reputation; becomes a partner of choice through excellence in external and internal stakeholder interactions. Manages how Science 37 is perceived by customers.
- Develop recruitment strategies and pricing for new clinical study opportunities, and deliver the strategy to clients via multiple communication channels (proposal documents, presentation slides, video presentation, phone, and in-person meetings)
- Develop proposal language and contractual obligations specific to recruitment services for Commercial deals, such as set deliverables/terms; budget details; identification of contractual needs; deal structuring and negotiation strategies.
- Collaborate closely with Patient Engagement team on operational metrics, capabilities, delivery timelines and forecasting for capacity planning
- Research and identify target markets, build relationships, perform in-depth presentations, strategic analysis, and execution of implemented plans
- Assist the Commercial Team with opportunity evaluation processes encompassing identification of ‘best fit’
- Collaborate with marketing team in lead generation communication and message positioning.
- Effectively leverage company resources/tools to maximize business results (marketing materials, speaker programs, regional trade shows)
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for all administrative tasks (CRM utilization, weekly reports, etc.)
- Develop, manage, and collaborate with key cross-functional relationships, including senior leadership, and functional managers as needed
- Work with management to drive the strategy, implementation, adoption and ensure efficiency in sales process
- Expand sales team to drive long term and revenue growth
- Build an internal culture of innovative thinking that leads to the development and implementation of the company's mission and vision.
- Communicates and exhibits leadership behavior consistent with the company-wide keystone focus.
- Support goals and objectives related to increasing diversity of participants in clinical research
- Provide advice, support and guidance as needed and serve as mentor to colleagues
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BS degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Previous experience in roles aligned to patient centricity in global clinical trials
- Extensive experience supporting global recruitment and retention in clinical trials across a wide breadth of therapeutic areas
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, clinical trials, and drug development and commercialization (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated high degree of leadership skills that allow the individual to build relationships, communicate, and influence all levels of the organization and make positive change
- Proven track record of delivering results and meeting targets
- Proven track record of achieving/surpassing sales goals
- Expertise in creating, driving, and executing solutions by defining all elements from strategy to implementation
- Knowledge of and experience with CRM tools/platforms and ability to utilize the CRM tool provided to manage opportunities, preferred
- Excellent strategic business/industry awareness and a thorough understanding of trends and impact on the business; ability to translate emerging industry trends relevant to the organization
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and create opportunities, develop effective selling messages, presentations and proposals
- In-depth experience with direct-to-patient recruitment globally, including digital marketing
- Working knowledge of competitive recruitment vendor landscape globally
- Excellent skills using Google Apps (Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Sheets) and Microsoft Office Suite (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel)
- Experience interacting and collaborating cross-functionally
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and collaborate successfully across all levels of the organization
- Commitment to results; is focused, detail oriented, and results driven
- Action oriented and innovative; able to translate broad goals into achievable steps
- Motivating; knows how to influence and enable others, both internally and externally
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses and provide practical solutions
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Exceptional organizational, project management and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment and maintain demanding timelines
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time; domestic or international
The incumbent reports to the Vice President, Strategic Solutions and will need to establish and maintain strong collaborations with internal business partners such as Commercial, Delivery, Product, Legal and Finance teams.