This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Product Design Manager to lead a multi-disciplinary team in creating experiences that are simple, opinionated, and well-crafted.
You’ll join our growing team and help shape not just our products and platform, but our people and the way we design and make. In a typical week, you’ll give feedback in design reviews, coach your team through challenges, do some hands-on design work, and make strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering.
As an early member of the design team, you’ll have an outsized influence on how design operates at Science 37, helping to create a culture of feedback and collaboration. Join us and you’ll be part of a team who loves to have fun, think big, and thrives on being at the forefront of health and technology.
- Manage and lead a team of 3–5 product designers in a defined product area.
- Will be in a hybrid capacity to start, balancing IC tasks and management tasks.
- Grow the team by attracting and hiring talent.
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports to support their career development, making sure each have an individual growth plan to realize their full potential.
- Ensure the team is producing work that is of quality and meets company objectives.
- Work closely with design and product leadership to ensure a cohesive experience across all products and touch points.
- Partner with cross-functional peers to define goals, objectives, roadmaps, and processes to ensure projects are well defined and high impact.
- Contribute to the evolution of our design practice, process, and voice.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in our products and process and take the initiative to provide solutions.
- 6+ years of experience, with at least 1 year managing people.
- A background at a product-driven SAAS company is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills: can brainstorm with a group, articulate ideas, and tease out feedback from colleagues.
- You have, and can articulate, a perspective on what makes great design.
- Experience working with engineering, marketing, and product to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- Experience attracting and hiring design talent.
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself and/or a team that you led.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- The incumbent reports directly to the Director of Product Design
- This full-time opportunity offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 days of paid sick time
- 10 company holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- And much more!
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.