This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Director, Strategic Solutions eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Director, Strategic Solutions is responsible for developing and implementing novel, robust, and scalable strategies for execution of decentralized clinical trial (DCT) solutions. The Director, Strategic Solutions is a key contributor to DCT strategies and leadership to help ensure the achievement of commercial bookings goals that align with broader Science 37 goals, objectives, and vision. Customer base will include but not limited to large/mid-sized Pharmaceutical companies, Biotech, and other alliances that align with Science 37 strategic interests. The Director, Strategic Solutions leads cross-functional teams to determine go/no-go decisions for new opportunities, responsible for positioning Science 37 as an expert in DCT solutions and drive opportunities through the sales lifecycle, ensuring that deliverables are met within determined timeframes. Working closely with the Business Development Directors, and demonstrating technical expertise and understanding of the Science 37 DCT model, the Director, Strategic Solutions will help drive new sales and play a significant role in establishing productive relationships with Customer study teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead cross-functional study feasibility and solutioning process by bringing together subject matter experts and driving the team to deliver DCT solutions in a timely manner
- Review and interpret protocols for the purpose of recommending DCT solutions, and deliver client ready proposal documents highlighting Science 37 differentiating solutions, pricing and strategy
- Develop innovative direct-to-participant approaches by blending proprietary technology, processes, global infrastructure and strategic partnerships in alignment with Customer demand and needs
- Understand market trends to ensure that decentralized trial strategy is adjusted and scaled to differentiate in marketplace, stay ahead of the competition and aligned with client needs
- Assess decentralized trial strategy to identify potential risks and proactively develop associated prevention and mitigation strategies
- Apply project management best practices to drive the trial opportunity through the stages of sales lifecycle by bringing in relevant partners and facilitating knowledge transfer and effective hand-offs to the delivery teams
- Assist in initiatives to improve workflow and efficiencies related to the Science 37 sales process
- Contribute significantly to projects and initiatives with matters related to expansion of the Science 37 DCT model
- Responsible for organizing the development effort and vision of the DCT model that underlies client specific solutions
- Effectively leverage company resources/tools to maximize business results
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for all administrative tasks (CRM utilization, weekly reports, etc.)
- Develop, manage, and collaborate with key cross-functional relationships, including senior leadership, and functional managers as needed
- Work with management to drive the strategy, implementation, adoption and ensure efficiency in sales process
- Expand sales team to drive long term and revenue growth
- Build an internal culture of innovative thinking that leads to the development and implementation of the company's mission and vision
- Communicates and exhibits leadership behavior consistent with the company-wide keystone focus
- May participate in bid defense and customer meetings and on task forces as required
- Provide advice, support and guidance as needed and serve as mentor to colleagues
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in the life sciences or a related field is required
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical-sponsored clinical operations experience (or equivalent) and/or clinical research background in a supervisory role
- Medical and scientific knowledge required
- 5+ years in an external facing role leading or as a significant contributor to interactions with senior industry professionals/executives
- Track record of top performance and consistently meeting/exceeding goals
- Expertise in clinical operations - Demonstrated ability to successfully manage people/projects, think critically, problem solve proactively, and be able to follow-through until delivery.
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies - Proven ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Successful decentralized team management and situational responsive decision-making.
- Expert knowledge of clinical research – Expertise in the drug development process and the critical elements for success in clinical trials, with previous participation in and contribution to these activities. Ability to review and assist in the development of protocols, programs, and assess the risks and requirements of a project.
- Team management and collaborative capabilities - Demonstrated experience in building and guiding organizational teams. Commitment to collaboration, within and across departments. Leverages each team member’s unique background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and accountabilities.
- Strong motivational and influence skills – Ability to motivate, influence and guide team members and direct reports; gains commitments from others.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with sponsor, project team member and internal Science37 study staff and management. Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Computer skills - Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of propriety software.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Leadership – Communicates and exhibits leadership behavior consistent with the company-wide keystone focus. Ability to have difficult/crucial conversations. Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and has a range of interpersonal skills and approached with ability to select a best fit-approach
- Up to 20% travel, as needed, for team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent reports to the Vice President, Strategic Solutions who will also assign projects and provide general guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.