*This is a Fully Remote Temp-to-hire position*
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Patient Experience Coordinator (Contractor) eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
Our team of Patient Experience Coordinators are an integral part of our Participant Experience Center. Patient Experience Coordinators (PEC’s) work on the front lines and serve as the first point of contact in participant experience, service and clinical research participation. We rely on PECs to deliver a positive participant experience while maintaining accurate and orderly outbound calling as well as medical record retrieval if/when needed.
All PECs provide telephonic, email, secure messaging and chat support to individuals participating in Science 37 clinical research studies as well as the providers they authorize communication with on their behalf. Through skills and knowledge, the PEC helps simplify the patient’s clinical study experience, end-to-end. PEC’s typically assist individuals with understanding the clinical research study, the requirements, the participation steps and other general support. Patient Experience Coordinators are expected to model empathy, and an excellent understanding of the clinical research studies. A PEC may be called upon to work on medical records acquisition at time of hire or at any point where this position may need to be filled or covered.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Receiving Inbound from or making Outbound calls to clinical research study participants, field secure messages, respond to emails, chat inquiries in a timely/appropriate manner.
- Identifying root causes of reported issues; determining best approach to resolve problems; expediting corrections or adjustments and follows up to ensure satisfaction.
- Scheduling clinical study participants, ensuring that all calls are processed correctly and promptly.
- Operating the central communications center for the patient experience center.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks/demands while establishing effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, and the clinical operations team.
- Ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of participants’ personal health information
- Answer all MRA requests as directed by the supervisor. Ensure newly signed and properly filled out MRFs are sent to HCPs within one business day using sFax.
Qualifications and Skills
Characteristics/Skills of Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience working remotely - either exclusively or on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work a common day floating schedule which will include at least one (1) weekend day and nights.
- Quick learner of complex material. Adapts easily to change.
- Quick thinker with strong deductive reasoning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Utilizes good grammar and pronunciation to communicate clearly, with empathy and effectively via phone, email and text.
- Interactive listener - able to actively listen and evaluate answers from potential study participants and ask appropriate follow-up questions based on responses received.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, communications or science related field preferred, High school diploma required.
- Call center, customer service or clinical research work experience (minimum of 2 yrs).
- Preference for medical, healthcare or health insurance call center/customer service experience.
- Combination of Inbound, outbound and/or complex.
- Chat/email/SMS experience
- Medical experience/familiarity with terminology - medical, nursing or allied health professions education, healthcare certification or previous employment in healthcare or clinical research setting.
- High degree of computer and software proficiency.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Chrome, Windows, Mac)
- Ability to toggle between multiple computer screens or windows
- Prior experience with the following programs a plus: Five9 (contact center software), Slack (communications tool), G Suite (mail, chat, drive, etc), Mavenlink (project management)
- Access to dependable high speed internet - 50Mbps +. You must use an ethernet cord and be hard wired into your server from the router/modem. You will not be able to use Wi-FI or a hot spot. To test your internet speed, go to www.speedtest.net. This test must be performed prior to any scheduled interview. Please have available upload and download information for your interview.
- Landline or cell phone (as backup)
- Access to a private workspace/desk or home office to work from that is free of background noise and distractions.
- Ability to work a common day floating schedule which will include evenings and weekends; shifts will be between the hours of 8AM and 11PM EST. Please note this includes WEEKENDS and you will generally be working one weekend day.
- Must possess a minimum of 1-3 years demonstrated experience performing a customer service role supporting clients with program understanding and program issues
- Must have minimum 1 year of experience working at a call center
- Experience with an administrative/healthcare customer service role in a large healthcare office setting, is a plus
- Experience with Five9 call center software is a plus
- Bilingual strongly preferred/a plus
- VIRTUAL Training Class Starting Date/Time: The first two weeks of your work at Science 37 will consist of general HR orientation and then study specific training. Training hours during the first two weeks are 11am ET - 8pm ET during week one, 10am ET - 7pm ET during week two, and your personal schedule will begin at the start of the third week. Training class will take place virtually. You must commit to attending the full-time training classes for 2 weeks.
- Ability to securely handle personal health information (PHI) and personally identifiable Information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Capability to learn, understand, and follow established procedures based on technology and business requirements
- Providing a strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Ability to demonstrate technologically savvy; experience using a customer service management database
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service skills; pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude that works well with others
- Ability to handle all participants professionally and patiently
- Providing problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to demonstrate excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Ability to identify and escalate issues that require input from other departments
- Providing a strong organizational ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Capability to be able to be on the phone along with the ability to juggle multiple interactions at one time
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Providing an excellent demeanor; telephone presence and customer service skills
- Ability to handle large call volumes for extend periods of time
The incumbent reports directly to Operations Manager, Patient Experience
No direct reports
Submit your resume to apply!