This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Software Architect eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
We are seeking an experienced Software Architect to help us take our product and integrations to the next level. The Software Architect will collaborate with motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals working together to achieve Science 37’s mission of changing the world of clinical research through patient-centered design.
The Software Architect will have a hands-on role with the architecture and development of our Science 37 platform and the technology that enables Science 37’s groundbreaking clinical research model. While collaborating with Product, Data, Clinical Operations, and other relevant stakeholders to define study-specific Platform requirements.
We are seeking an experienced Software Architect to help us take our product and integrations to the next level.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead complex technical designs, prototypes/proof of concepts, help development teams choose tools, frameworks, and platforms
- Partner with Engineering, DevOps, Test, and QA teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and fault-tolerant solutions that address business problems and accelerate the adoption of Science 37 platform and services
- Design and Build the best of class resilient solutions using universally accepted architecture practices and design patterns
- Be the go-to person for understanding technical design requirements and help design solutions that meet or exceed the company's architecture standards
- Closely work with product management to influence the product roadmap for building new features and functionality based on market trends and help the platform stay competitive in the market
- Establish strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships and collaboration with engineering leadership and cross-functional teams
- Establish best practices, coding standards, and design patterns. Enforce development patterns and best practices through mentorship, code, and design reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development and architecture
- 3+ year’s experience with MuleSoft Platform and various components of Anypoint Platform like Anypoint API Platform, Exchange and Messaging Queues
- Experience developing RAML based APIs using the Anypoint API Platform
- Strong architectural & system design skills in NodeJS and Java
- Experience designing and building distributed Cloud architecture
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience in UI frameworks like Angular and React
- Track record of problem-solving and using pilot programs, prototypes and growth hacking approaches
- Thrive in fast-paced, agile environments, and able to learn new areas quickly
- AWS cloud experience a must (EC2, S3, Lambda, EMR, RDS, CloudWatch)
- Experience with OOP, MVC, Version Control (e.g., Git), data structures (JSON, XML, SQL)
Preferred Experience with the following:
- Excellent reporting skills (succinct, compact, solution-oriented)
- Understanding of conduct of clinical trials
- Experience in Clinical Trials and/or life science industry
- Understanding of regulatory framework for software delivery
- Experience with operational efficiency improvement initiatives
- Experience working with Mulesoft, Okta, New Relic, Splunk
- Experience with CSV (Computer Systems Validation)
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, SpiraTest is a plus
- 10+ years of professional experience in application security
- Deep experience in detection, monitoring, alerting or threat intelligence
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company’s security profile
- Experience working in an iterative software development environment
- PLUS: Knowledge of consumer privacy industry compliance requirements; GDPR, CCPA
- PLUS: Healthcare/Life Science industry experience
- PLUS: Regulated environment experience; GxP, 21 CFR Part 1
- Ability to create order out of chaos
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of technology
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills on all levels
- Proven ability to lead high-performing Engineering teams to deliver best-of-class technical product solutions from launch to scale.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services (AWS preferred)
- Ability to manage competing priorities with minimal supervisory input
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), Microservices architecture, data modeling, systems, and database designs
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, architectural design tradeoffs, and risk assessment delivery and craft solutions.
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges with a constant evaluation to foster innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent is required to work under the guidance and direction of the Director, Enterprise Architecture with little to minimal supervision.
No direct reports
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!