Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Manager of Strategic Pricing eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Manager of Strategic Pricing is responsible for executing pricing for billable projects by Science 37 on behalf of its clients. The Manager of Strategic Pricing also helps to facilitate the internal alignment of the Accounting & Finance, Operations and Commercial teams on pricing strategies and budgets; including but not limited to pricing, payment terms and other terms as needed related to billable projects.
The Manager of Strategic Pricing works closely with the Commercial team in the preparation, presentation, defense and execution of proposals and budgets to clients. In some cases the role requires negotiating directly with customers along with the Commercial team to articulate our value proposition and our positions on terms.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works with key team members, departmental heads, and internal experts to ensure high-quality proposals are successfully budgeted, risk managed, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Understands the inner workings of clinical research and the biopharmaceutical industry to accurately predict budget needs in a timely manner.
- Prepares and presents budget proposals for future projects to management team members.
- Assesses applicable language for each project and works with the proposal writer to guide appropriate drafts, reviews, and approvals from relevant contributors, when applicable.
- Reviews and edits materials developed by proposal writer, ensuring that the prepared material meets applicable standards and requirements, both internally and externally as appropriate for a given project.
- Works with the team and other stakeholders to analyze requests for proposal (RFPs), attending strategy meetings, as needed.
- Establishes priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval to meet targets and deadlines.
- Identifies and communicates potential budget risks as applicable for each project, developing mitigation approaches where appropriate.
- Applies templates that address internal and external standards, including proposal standards, readability, consistency, etc.
- Works closely with the Commercial team in the preparation, presentation, defense, and execution of proposals and budgets to clients.
- With input from the respective teams (Commercial, Operations, Accounting & Finance), ensures that the pricing and terms being proposed strike an appropriate balance between the commercial focus and the ability to deliver successfully at agreed upon profitability levels.
- Incorporates feedback on previous project budgets in future project pricing.
- Contributes to an internal culture of innovative thinking that leads to the development and implementation of the company's mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical space with 5 years of experience in strategic pricing and/or procurement with a CRO, biopharmaceutical company or other relevant clinical research experience.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical trial proposals, budgets and their execution.
- Experience in the development and implementation of clinical trials; background knowledge of regulations applicable to human subjects’ research.
- Experience in the presentation, defense, and negotiation of budgets and proposals to clients.
- Experience using project management and analytics software, strongly preferred.
- Strong and effective communicator; strong negotiation and influence skills; sharp business acumen.
- Leadership – proven track record in leading high-performing teams.
- Problem Solving - Ability to think both analytically and creatively, including strategic planning abilities. Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits
- Strong interpersonal skills and public-speaking abilities – ability to communicate, influence and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills – Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Google applications, project management and analytics software. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Able to successfully work in a decentralized team environment. Skilled in situational responsive decision-making.
- Up to 20% travel, as needed, for project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
Position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision. The role reports into the Senior Director, Strategic Pricing.
We value employee well-being and aim to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!