Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Nursing Solutions Manager to over see the West Coast and is eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
Must be located in the West Coast
The Nursing Solutions Manager is responsible for the operational oversight implementation and daily management of all nursing activities for select clinical research studies within Science 37. This includes, but is not limited to, management of mobile research nurses, vendors and contracted health care workers; and operationalization of study protocols The Nursing Solutions Manager oversees project specific clinical processes, develops and delivers clinical education and training, ensures study participant safety, appropriate scheduling, resource allocation, ensures high-quality study participant care, and excellent brand representation, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), evidence-based practices, appropriate documentation, and compliance with all appropriate regulations. In addition, the Nursing Solutions Manager coordinates with other departments to help carry-out company objectives and ensure compliance with study protocols.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising all nursing activities related to assigned clinical studies and serving as the lead nurse for assigned protocols.
- Ensuring the safety of study participants, mobile research nurses, and vendor nurses.
- Managing nursing vendors, vendor nurses, and staff within the nursing solutions group.
- Identifying, developing and delivering necessary training for protocol-specific training, skills-specific training, remediation, and any other training as necessary.
- Developing study-specific nurse-facing resource materials to maximize the nurses’ ability to successfully carry out a protocol.
- Deliver study-specific training as appropriate, to nurses participating in each study.
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of training.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of all training.
- Participating in SIVs for assigned studies.
- Ensuring research quality by practicing in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP). and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Working with other departments within Science 37, as necessary.
- Ensuring appropriate equipment and supplies are available for nurse visits for assigned studies.
- Ensuring quality of data collection and timely data entry into the Science 37 Platform.
- Conducting team performance appraisals and evaluating nurse performance based on pre-identified and measurable means; Provide timely and thoughtful feedback.
- Applying clinical research knowledge and nursing to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Overseeing vendor invoices and promotes stewardship within the department.
- Working with other departments to ensure optimal functionality of equipment, programs and software. Problems are communicated in a timely and descriptive manner to assist in repairs and/or improvements.
- Participating in project, protocol, and team meetings, as applicable.
- Advising the Department head of actual or potential issues.
- Participating in auditing activities as needed.
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of assigned research protocols to coordinate the comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols in accordance with research governing entity requirements, including but not limited to sponsor, FDA, and IRB requirements.
- At least one year of supervisory experience
- Active driver’s license
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred 5+ years of clinical research experience
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, accountability, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Able to successfully work in a decentralized team environment. Skilled in situational responsive decision-making.
- Flexibility – Able to make quick accommodations to schedule changes as well as process changes and is able to travel with limited notice.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive study participant, project team member and internal Science 37 rapport. Ability to interact with study participants and caregivers in a compassionate and empathetic manner.
- Computer skills - Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of propriety software.
- Problem solving – Ability to quickly and proactively identify problems, formulate solutions, execute solutions, and assess efficacy of solutions.
- Interpersonal savvy - Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner and has a range of interpersonal skills and approaches with ability to select a best-fit approach. Understands and demonstrates cultural competency and sensitivity.
- Ability to educate – Able to communicate with and educate study participants, health care workers and Science 37 staff from diverse socioeconomic, geographical and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to motivate & influence - Ability to motivate, influence and guide team members and direct reports; gains commitments from others.
- Build & manage teams - Experience in building and guiding organizational teams. Leverages each team member’s unique background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and accountabilities. Commitment to collaboration, within and across departments.
- Brand representation – Ability to positively and accurately represent the Science 37 brand to study participants, partners and clients.
- Up to 25% travel as needed for conduct of in-home clinical study visits, project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed.
- Ability to use technology effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as needed
The incumbent reports directly to the Director of Nursing Solutions
- Per Diem Nurses/Vendor nurses
- Mobile Research Nurses
- Nursing Solutions Coordinator(s)
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!