Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Platform
Database Programmer eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Platform Database Programmer oversees clinical trial data and sets priorities to ensure that all data management procedures are executed with accuracy and timeliness. As a subject matter expert, the incumbent will work on multi-functional teams and supports clinical data management.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Clinical Data Management Services
- Represent Clinical Data Management as a key member of the Study Management Team for
a study, providing training, management and oversight of all data collection in Science 37’s
- Responsible for Case Report Forms (CRF), eSource Forms and database design and build
according to Standard Operating Procedures and protocol-specific requirements
- Build the clinical study (eSource Forms) in Science 37’s proprietary technology platform
- Assist in the development and implementation of design and programming of clinical
databases and data cleaning procedures
- Responsible for performing user acceptance testing on database applications and data
- Ensure the consistency, accuracy and integrity of clinical trial data
- Review, analyze and validate clinical trial data throughout the lifecycle of the study
- Query data inconsistencies and address with appropriate action plan by revising case report
forms in compliance with standard operating procedures, sponsor and regulatory guidelines
- Interact with sponsors, project managers and all levels of internal staff in highly cross-
functional project teams, acting as the lead in designing, implementing and documenting
data collection for clinical studies.
- Create, review and maintain project timelines and monitor progress of data management
- Develop Data Management deliverables including data management plans (DMPs), training
materials and Configuration Specifications
- Serve as the clinical data management lead and communicate the status of projects,
timelines, changes, issue to departmental leadership
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the health science field
- 5+ years of experience in clinical research or life science industry, including at least 3 years in clinical data management role.
- Extensive knowledge of the clinical research development process
- Knowledge of federal regulatory standards with relation to clinical research
- Medical and scientific knowledge preferred
- Experience in a fast-moving, growth-minded company, and are comfortable with needing to be
flexible and adaptable as requirements change.
- Understanding of drug development process and regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledgeable about the critical elements for success in clinical trials; participation in and
contribution to these activities.
- Ability to create and review protocols, programs, and assess the success of a project.
- Experience in building and guiding organizational teams, leveraging each team member’s unique
- background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and
- Proactive problem-solving abilities and follow through
- Successful situational responsive decision-making
- Strong communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain positive sponsor, project team member, vendor and internal Science37 relationships
- Have excellent time management skills, action-oriented, goal-oriented and innovative
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail, outstanding organizational activities and good blend of analytical skills, strategic thinking, planning and implementation
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Google applications, and electronic clinical technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done
The incumbent is required to work independently and under the guidance of the Senior Director, Data Management and Clinical Systems.
No direct reports
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!