The Science 37 Physician Network brings together expert clinicians who share a passion for improving patients’ lives and accelerating clinical research by putting patients first. The Science 37 physician-investigator team is comprised of forward-thinking professionals who execute decentralized clinical trials with the highest regard for patient safety and data quality. The Science 37 research culture allows for continuous collaboration between clinicians, clinical research staff, and study participants. Visit our Clinicians webpage to learn more about the Science 37 study model and becoming a physician investigator.
We are seeking contract Physician Investigators who enthusiastically value teamwork and innovation with the ultimate goal of advancing medicine through a patient-centric approach. Physician Investigators will work with the Science 37 clinical study teams to conduct virtual study visits via telemedicine and the Science 37 platform. Successful candidates are those with an interest in using cutting-edge technology to revolutionize drug development.
We are seeking physicians that are board-certified in Internal Medicine and should have extensive experience in the management of patients with common conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, migraine and depression. Knowledge of the most current clinical practice guidelines and an understanding of medicolegal and ethical standards are essential.
This is a part-time contract position that offers:
- Ability to work from any location
- Competitive compensation rates
- Exposure to cutting edge medical treatments
- Exposure to telemedicine technology
Services to be rendered:
Services include but are not limited to:
- Serving as an investigator (Principal Investigator or Sub-Investigator) on trials when appropriate for own experience/medical expertise.
- Conducting informed consent process
- Evaluating potential participants for inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Reviewing medical history
- Reviewing laboratory results
- Conducting study assessments
- Reviewing protocol-specific measures recorded or collected by the Clinical Research Coordinator
- Reviewing and evaluating/adjusting investigational drug doses
- Overseeing drug dispensing and accountability
- Reviewing concomitant therapies
- Reviewing adverse and serious adverse events
- Communicating with participants’ healthcare providers as needed
- Attending study team trainings and meetings
- Attending sponsor meetings when necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- Medical degree
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine
- Experience as a clinical research investigator with a focus on pharmaceutical-sponsored clinical research.
- Able to commit at least 8 hours/week to investigator activities.
- Expertise in virtual patient care (telemedicine) – Demonstrates ability to effectively and compassionately communicate with patients, clinical research staff, and other colleagues through technology. Maintains high quality customer service.
- Strong practice of accountability – Understands the value of processes, roles and responsibilities in a rapidly scaling business. Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and achieve goals according to accountability.
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies – Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment. Successful decentralized team management and situational responsive decision-making.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research – Understands the drug development process. Knowledgeable about the critical elements for success in clinical trials; participation in and contribution to these activities. Ability to create and review protocols, programs, and assess the feasibility/pathway to success of a project.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive professional relationships with project team members and study participants
- Computer skills – Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Willingness to gain expertise in the use of proprietary clinical research software.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrates ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, responsibility, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Strong project and time management skills – Able to successfully lead/manage research personnel as an investigator. Proactive problem solving abilities and follow through.
- Other – Ability to clearly communicate in English (both verbal and written).
Position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision. All projects are assigned by the Chief Medical Officer, to whom the incumbent reports.
No direct reports
Submit your resume to apply!