Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are seeking a razor-sharp Data Scientist eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization changing the world of clinical research.
As part of the Science 37 Tech team, you will collaborate with motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals working together to achieve Science 37’s mission of changing the world of clinical research through patient-centered design. You will have a hands-on role with the architecture and development of NORA® (Network Oriented Research Assistant), the technology that enables Science 37’s groundbreaking Metasite™ clinical research model and collaborates with Product, Data, Clinical Operations, and other relevant stakeholders to define study specific NORA requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Understand business stakeholders' needs and translate those into a data insights program with solutions for each stakeholder
- Deliver on data analytics and insights by planning and performing end-to-end analysis: including aggregating and processing data, exploring data, building and validating predictive models, and presenting to business.
- Analyze our existing data model/structure and provide recommendations to the Tech team for optimization to support our data strategy
- Design and implement statistical algorithms and predictive analysis
- Explain data analytics and data science findings and machine learning models to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with Data Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to gather data insight requirements, set goals and influence the product roadmap.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of industry experience in predictive analysis and modeling, data analysis and science
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analytics
- Knowledge of data engineering, database architecture and ETL process
- Experience building ML models
- Proficient in either Python or R or both.
- Experience using ML libraries such as scikit-learn, caret
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and toolsets
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL
- Experience using data visualization tools.
- Experience presenting data findings
- PhD in computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Bio-Engineering/Science field
- 6+ years of industry experience in predictive analysis and modeling, data analysis and science
- 4+ years of industry experience in data analytics
- Proven ability to tackle business problems with data science solutions
- Expert programming skills in Python and/or R
- Ability to develop analytic plans for data modeling process
- Ability to accurately determine correlations
- Experience with AWS data technologies such as Redshift, S3, Data Pipeline
- Experience with Tableau
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to translate business problems into data questions, create solutions and drive results
- Ability to aggregate and analyze data from multiple data sources and build a holistic view
- Ability to build clear visualizations to explain complex ideas and analysis result to executives and business unit leaders
- Ability to provide guidance to other program and project managers
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate agreement
- Ability to proactively identify impediments in project/program delivery and craft solutions.
- Ability to set metrics for the project and program for performance and goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The incumbent is required to work under the guidance and direction of the VP, Engineering with little to minimal supervision.
- No direct reports
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!