Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are seeking a razor-sharp Director of Program Management eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization changing the world of clinical research.
As part of the Science 37 Technology team, the Director of Program Management collaborates with motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals working together to achieve Science 37’s mission of changing the world of clinical research through patient-centered design. The Director of Program Management has a hands-on role with the architecture and development of NORA® (Network Oriented Research Assistant), the technology that enables Science 37’s groundbreaking Metasite™ clinical research model and collaborates with Product, Data, Clinical Operations, and other relevant stakeholders to define study specific NORA requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage projects and programs within the Technology department and a selection of inter-departmental programs that involve Technology
- Identify dependencies and risks for your managed programs and solution properly
- Design and implement best practices and governance model for programs in Technology and inter-departmental initiatives
- Own and drive continuous improvement on program management methodologies
- Design and implement metrics driven improvement plans on programs and have a proven methodology to track the progress
- Work closely with Engineering, Product and business leadership to ensure alignment in strategy and direction
- Work with and present to senior management on program communication strategy
- Ensure program and project status is reported clearly, consistently and reliably to executive management and team members
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of program management experience
- 8+ years of project management experience
- 6+ years in Technology/Product/Engineering
- Experience with consumer facing software required
- Working knowledge of change control/management and development/delivery process
- Advanced knowledge of program and project management methodologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience on waterfall, Agile and accompanying SDLC
- Advanced knowledge of resource management planning and execution methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with complex, cross-disciplined and longer-term programs.
- Proven experience with risk management
- Experience with metrics and data driven project and program management
- Demonstrated success in planning, launching and delivering new programs
- Experience with change control management
- Knowledge on quality management system
- Mentoring program and project managers
- Building career path for program and project managers
- Ability to create order out of chaos.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of technology
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills on all levels
- Excellent reporting skills (succinct, compact, solution oriented)
- Understanding of conduct of clinical trials
- Experience in Clinical Trials and/or life science industry
- Understanding of regulatory framework for software delivery
- Experience with operational efficiency improvement initiatives
- Experience with CSV (Computer Systems Validation)
- Experience with SAFe methodology
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, SpiraTest is a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to define scope, schedule development, manage communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to analyze resource capacity and forecast timeline
- Ability to manage competing priorities with minimal supervisory input
- Ability to manage risks and guide teams to mitigate risk
- Ability to provide guidance to other program and project managers
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate agreement
- Ability to proactively identify impediments in project/program delivery and craft solutions.
- Ability to set metrics for the project and program for performance and goals.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
The incumbent is required to work under the guidance and direction of the VP, Engineering with little to minimal supervision.
- Technical Project Managers
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy daily healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!