Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are seeking a razor-sharp Software Development Engineer in Test eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization changing the world of clinical research.
The Software Development Engineer in Test helps deliver a superior product by conducting software validation, analyzing functionality, and developing automated scripts. They work with a team of talented developers, designers, managers, and user representatives with a shared goal of creating software that makes a world of difference.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with product management, developers, test engineers and other software development engineers in test to analyze requirements, contribute to, and review the software design specifications
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based upon functional and design specifications,
- Execute test cases, analyze, and report test results to the teams
- Design and develop automation/performance solutions that build reliable, reusable and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to clarify reported issues
- Investigate bugs and write clear, concise, consistently reproducible bug reports
- Troubleshoot difficult issues in collaboration with developers, product managers, test engineers and other software development engineers in test
- Comply with regulatory framework
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science related technology field
- 3+ years of experience in software development and/or software testing
- Working knowledge of data manipulation in either RDBMS or NoSQL (or both)
- Experience working with REST service and understanding of microservice architecture
- Experience with at least one automated testing frameworks, libraries and tools (e.g. Selenium, Puppeteer, CodeceptJS, Mocha, CapybaraSoapUI pro or custom made)
- Experience with test case and project management tools (e.g. SpiraTest, TestRails, TestNG, TestComplete, Jira)
- Experience working with SaaS products
- Experience with Mulesoft is, a plus
- Experience with AWS, a plus
- Background in healthcare or life science, a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly articulate software usage, deviations, and workarounds
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documentation in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to mentor and train less experienced team members
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent reports to the Manager of Test Engineering, who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- No direct reports
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy daily healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!