Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Staff Account eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for overseeing accounts payable, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for month-end close, handling daily treasury functions, maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, and providing support to the Accounting team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Organize, record, and review invoices for proper approval and coding
- Coordinate and organize payments to vendors, consultants, and employees
- Request documentation needed to set up new vendors
- Resolve disputes and correspondence with vendors
- Oversee accounts payable
- Process and generate invoicing
- Work closely with various departments to gather data used for invoice classification
- Monitor banking activity on a daily basis inclusive of monthly reconciliation(s)
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations to support month-end close
- Process employee reimbursement expense reports and review for compliance with company policy
- Prepare various deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies
- Manage, process, and approval of Credit Card payments, to include coordinating with functional leadership for proper coding
- Assist with any other ad hoc projects, analysis or analytics as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance
- Minimum 2-4 years of corporate accounting experience required
- Good understanding of US GAAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- CPA preferred
- Preferred Netsuite and Concur experience
- Life Science and/or Technology, industry experience preferred
- Highly meticulous, well organized, detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to analyze processes and improve efficiency of procedures
- Strong team player who works well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated independence and self-motivation to solve problems and work productively
- Adherence to concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self-control, and flexibility to get work done
- Has experience ensuring compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control
- Experience interpreting and evaluating data results, preparation of documentation
- Has created financial reports and/or presentations
- Has demonstrated attention to detail and good-record-keeping skills
- Prioritizes workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to maintain good rapport with vendors, consultants and employees
- Up to 20% travel, for project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences, as needed.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written).
The incumbent works under the guidance of the department’s Accounting Manager. Incumbent is expected to be able to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!