Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for someone to build and scale the virtual and physical infrastructure that helps our scientists and engineers do high quality science quickly. The responsibilities of this role are varied, ranging from managing machines in robotic cell-feeding workcells to configuring software service monitoring to building analysis pipelines for neural recording data to instrumenting our lab and cleanroom equipment.
Qualities of a successful candidate include proven technical judgment in identifying the tools, platforms and languages best suited to the task at hand, and fluently learning and using those tools to solve real-world problems.
- 5+ years in infrastructure engineering, DevOps, data engineering, or SRE
- Basic programming ability, particularly in Ruby, Python, or C
- Experience setting up robust monitoring and alert systems–you will be responsible for critical onsite robotics, automation equipment, and lab instruments!
- Proficiency in networking principles and fundamentals, such as TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, and network security protocols
- Ability to quickly compare the impact and urgency of multiple problems, communicate timelines to stakeholders, and ship solutions while keeping technical debt under control
- History of clearly understanding user needs and building simple, robust systems to address them
- Understanding of code testing strategies and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes
- Working familiarity with performance tuning, security hardening, and backup strategies
- Hands-on experience managing on-prem servers including installation, troubleshooting, and patching
- Exposure to git and version control platforms like Github or Gitlab
Science is required under California law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on the indicated salary band. The base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000- $150,000 annually + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.