Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a motivated technician to help drive projects forward on our microfabrication team. The technician’s role will be to help process wafers, assist with device assembly, and maintain internal equipment and cleanroom spaces. This is a key role in a fast-paced, small scale microfabrication environment that offers exposure to a wide variety of wafer scale fabrication processes and tools. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn the basics of many different areas of device development.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Run a variety of standard processes on wafer batches at various stages of device development, including lithography, metallization, etching, thin film deposition, and more in a cleanroom environment.
- Inspect and record process results using tools such as optical microscopy, SEM, profilometry, etc.
- Assist with basic device assembly, including soldering, epoxy coating, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and cleanroom spaces.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions carefully.
- Eagerness to learn quickly and efficiently.
- Exposure to and interest in physics or engineering.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in a cleanroom environment with exposure to semiconductor processing tools
- Above average ability to converse on pertinent technical details.
- Some formal education in physics, engineering, or adjacent fields.
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $30-$50 per hour + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.