Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a Microfabrication Tool engineer who will be responsible for our microfabrication tools and clean facilities. Your main focus will be acquiring tools, getting them up and running, and making sure that they run smoothly. Sometimes you will need to modify the tools to achieve this, and other times the tools might not exist so you’ll have to build them. You’ll be expected to work quickly and get things done fast, but also make sure that if things go well then the tools we’re using can be scaled. This job is ideal for people who like to learn how things work, are organized and love to tinker.
- Tool purchasing, installation, maintenance and qualification
- Development of custom tools for mixed processing (ie. modification of existing tools, lab scale or low throughput tool design)
- Recipe development, SOPs
- 4 years hands-on experience using semiconductor tools
- At least 1 year hands-on experience with tools in each of the following areas:
- Wet Etch
- A strong grasp of applied physics
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience building at least 1 cool tool - big or small
- BS in physics, EE, materials science, or similar discipline
- Experience managing a lab or cleanroom
- Familiarity with safety and facilities compliance
- A working understanding of optics and lasers
- Experience with machining and 3D printing
- Programming and automation experience
- Ability to put things back together after taking them apart
- MS in physics, EE, materials science, or similar discipline
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.